Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
What about this? REC: Green Chile Chicken Chilaquiles
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #15840 at 4:08 pm on Aug 12, 2009
Green Chile-Chicken Chilaquiles
2 WHOLE CHICKEN BREASTS
2 cups CHICKEN STOCK
3½ cups TOMATILLO SALSA
½ cup HEAVY CREAM
1 ONION, diced paper-thin
½ cup VEGETABLE OIL
12 day OLD CORN TORTILLAS
1 cup grated MANCHEGO CHEESE
1 cup grated PANELA CHEESE
½ cup grated ANEJO CHEESE
Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Place the breast in the stock, reduce the heat to moderate, cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool in the stock. When cool, remove the skin and bones and shred the meat into bite-sized pieces. Strain and reserve the stock for another use.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the fresh tomatillo salsa, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, the onion and shredded chicken pieces. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the tortillas just about 5 seconds per side to soften, and then transfer to a large colander to drain.
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Butter a 4-quart casserole. Combine the cheeses in a mixing bowl.
To assemble the chilaquiles, spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture over the bottom of the baking dish. Push the solids in the bowl of chicken and tomatillo sauce to the side so the liquids form a pool in the bottom. Dip all the softened tortillas in the pool to moisten. Layer one third of the moist tortillas over the cheese and top with half of the chicken mixture with its sauce. Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese over the chicken . Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of tortillas on top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake 30 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving or unmolding.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15840. Anyone around that wants to give me a little jump start or inspiration in a - orchid - 2:56pm on 08/12/09 (25)
- If they're already cooked, it kind of limits you - maybe slice them and - DawnNYS - 3:27pm on 08/12/09
- Or maybe Buffalo chicken fingers - DawnNYS - 3:35pm on 08/12/09
- Or grilled cherry chicken breasts - DawnNYS - 3:45pm on 08/12/09
- We just made barb's lemon pasta again with grilled chicken on top [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:28pm on 08/12/09
- Thanks again, barb_b. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:31pm on 08/12/09
- So glad you enjoy the rec as much as we do!! [NT] - barb_b - 4:54pm on 08/12/09
- I love this idea. My guy loves anything lemon. Thanks! [NT] - orchid - 5:20pm on 08/12/09
- I'm uncertain as to what you're asking for, but how about Asian sesame noodles and chicken? [NT] - Curious1 - 3:34pm on 08/12/09
- Do you have Broccoli? Slice the breasts and make Chicken Divan with noodles on the side. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:41pm on 08/12/09
- My sister-in-law made this the other night and it was very good. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 3:51pm on 08/12/09
- I love Chicken Divan, and always forget about it. Thanks! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:56pm on 08/12/09
- I actually don't know what Chicken Divan is. I could do a search but do you - orchid - 5:26pm on 08/12/09
- This one's good and there are a lot more recipes using cooked chicken in this thread. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 5:49pm on 08/12/09
- Here are a few that you might like. - Dawn_MO - 3:45pm on 08/12/09
- How was the chicken cooked? If it's on the plain side, you could serve it cold with this Chinese [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 3:47pm on 08/12/09
- REC: Chicken Pecan Quiche - cheezz - 3:57pm on 08/12/09
- Oh Wow! I just made a Ham, Broccoli and Swiss Cheese quiche but I - orchid - 5:48pm on 08/12/09
- This would work even if chicken is already cooked: REC: Chopstick Chicken - cheezz - 3:59pm on 08/12/09
- REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie - this would good to just serve the filling over noodles. - cheezz - 4:01pm on 08/12/09
- What about this? REC: Green Chile Chicken Chilaquiles - Steve2 in LA - 4:08pm on 08/12/09
- There were kisses flowing northwest this weekend after another Steve2 chilaquile breakfast. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:32pm on 08/12/09
- This one is going to the top of the pile! [NT] - orchid - 5:06pm on 08/12/09
- Here's Steve's other chilaquile recipe that I used. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:20pm on 08/12/09
- Yum! I really want these - can you make it in advance?? [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 11:44am on 08/15/09
- Wowie everyone! I always say...Ask and you shall receive! Now, if I had - orchid - 5:03pm on 08/12/09