Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I brought these to a party last weekend, they were a huge hit; Rec:Praline Brookies
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #20151 at 12:03 pm on Mar 12, 2011
I am not a sweet eater, but was requested to bring a dessert that was kid friendly. It was a hit by all. (And easy!)
1box (19.5 oz) fudge brownie mix
1/2cup vegetable oil
1/2cup granulated sugar
1/2cup packed brown sugar
1/2cup coarsely chopped pecans
1roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
Vanilla ice cream, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark pan). Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Make brownie mix as directed on box using oil, water and eggs. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat butter, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans and vanilla to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside until brownies are baked.
Immediately pour praline mixture evenly over partially baked brownies. Cut cookie dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces; cut each piece into 4 slices. Carefully place slices in 3 rows of 5 slices each, using last slice to fill in spaces. (Spaces between cookie dough pieces will spread during baking to cover top.)
Bake 23 to 28 minutes longer or until cookie topping is deep golden brown. If serving as bars, cool 2 hours; cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. If serving with ice cream as dessert, cool 20 to 30 minutes; cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
Link: Praline Brookies
Other messages in this thread:
- 20151. Have to go to a potluck tonight and am not feeling inspired. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:41am on 03/12/11 (7)
- I brought these to a party last weekend, they were a huge hit; Rec:Praline Brookies [LINK] - barb_b - 12:03pm on 03/12/11
- OMG - I want these now but I don't have the cookie dough. Texting daughter to go to Kroger now!!!! [NT] - Music City Missy - 4:01pm on 05/03/13
- Lots of yummy looking ones in T&T - Pat's Texas Sheet Cake and Maria's Snickerdoodle cake have been - cheezz - 1:23pm on 03/12/11
- I really wanted to make several things from here... - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:18pm on 03/12/11
- It's like talking to my hubby... when I do that for an event, I always make him 1 cupcake :) [NT] - cheezz - 10:03pm on 03/12/11
- Great idea! [NT] - Traca - 3:30pm on 03/13/11
- Yeah, it doesn't take away from the cake enough to matter and he SO appreciates it... PLUS - cheezz - 3:35pm on 03/13/11