Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #20805 at 3:11 pm on Nov 5, 2011
Add 4-6 strips of fried and crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup diced baked ham, and saute 1 cup sliced mushrooms with the onions. Optional: 1 tsp lemon zest.
Form into a log, roll up in a napkin or tea towel. Simmer or steam for 20-30 minutes (depending on how thick you make it). Slice, nap with gravy.
The next day, slice and fry these in butter.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20805. Looking for a German bread dumpling recipe- can anyone help? - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:03pm on 11/04/11 (6)
- Cathy, here's my Mom's "recipe", with my notes interspersed. Sorry for the delay. - Michael in Phoenix - 4:46pm on 11/04/11
- Perfect! This is just what I wanted. Thank you Michael - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:49pm on 11/04/11
- Ahh dear Cathy, I've failed you! I thought you were looking for "light" knödeln... - Richard in Cincy - 3:19am on 11/05/11
- Wow. Waaaay fancier than the low-rent version I posted above. Sounds delicious. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:12am on 11/05/11
- Variation: Serviettenknödel - Richard in Cincy - 3:11pm on 11/05/11
- Don't be silly, Richard- you didn't fail me! "Light" was the wrong word to use - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:33pm on 11/05/11