Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
REC: Rinderrouladen in Champignonsoße (Beef Roulades in Mushroom Sauce)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #21478 at 7:26 pm on Jan 23, 2012
I guess I never posted it here. I can never find anything over at Epicurious and gave up.
6 slices of smoked bacon
3 medium onions
3 dill pickles
1 medium carrot
12 oz. button mushrooms
6 thin slices of beef for roulades (each about 6 oz.)
6 tablespoons Düsseldorf or Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon marjoram
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 tablespoons flour (or to thicken sauce to your desired consistency)
6 skewers or kitchen string to tie the rolls
1 cup dry red wine
1 tsp. tomato paste
Slice bacon in half. Dice or julliene the onions, carrot, and pickle. Slice mushrooms.
Pat rolls dry, spread mustard on the beef, sprinkle with marjoram, top with the bacon, onions, carrot, and pickle. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roll up and secure with skewer or tie with string.
Heat oil in Dutch oven. Brown the roulades. Remove. Add mushrooms and sauté briefly. Add roulades again and deglaze with wine and 1/2 liter of stock or water. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered for 1.5 hours
Remove rolls to serving platter and keep warm. Stir flour and water until smooth. Stir into stock, bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste. Season sauce with salt and pepper according to your taste. Nap the roulades with some of the sauce and pass the rest.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21478. Richard, you noted that you had posted your recipe for rouladen or rindrouladen. I am - Marg CDN2 - 9:21pm on 01/22/12 (6)
- REC: Rinderrouladen in Champignonsoße (Beef Roulades in Mushroom Sauce) - Richard in Cincy - 7:26pm on 01/23/12
- Thank you. I'm going to try it tonight. Now to find a dill pickle.... [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:28pm on 01/23/12
- Richard, did you just press your entire palm down on the keyboard?? [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:27pm on 01/24/12
- haha marilyn... Richard, do you ever precook your bacon and onions a bit? - AngAk1 - 8:38pm on 01/24/12
- Ang, that is a great idea. I'll do that next time. Carmelization good! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:12am on 01/31/12
- this was DH's birthday dinner on Sunday. it's been ages since I made it, and it's ever so good. - AngAk1 - 6:23pm on 01/31/12