Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and Garlic
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #2501 at 2:56 pm on Jul 1, 2006
This is my favorite stuffed mushroom. For finger food, I use a pound of button mushrooms.
PROVENCAL STUFFED MUSHROOMS
From "Ma Cuisine du Soileil" by Roger Verge
12 large mushrooms (about 1 lb.)
4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into small matchstick strips
6 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. coarse fresh breadcrumbs
2 Tbs. minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs. minced parsley
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400*F.
Wash and stem the mushrooms. Coarsely chop the stems.
Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Heat 2 Tbs. of the oil in a skillet and saute breadcrumbs until golden. Set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
Heat 2 Tbs. oil in the skillet and saute the onion until golden. Add the garlic and minced mushroom stems and saute until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and add bacon, crumbs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Season mushroom caps with salt and pepper. Stuff with crumb mixture and arrange in an oiled baking dish. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake about 25 minutes.
Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2501. REC: Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and Garlic - Joe - 2:56pm on 07/01/06 (4)
- No Parm on top? Or even grated Asiago? Looks good. [NT] - Durward - 3:05pm on 07/01/06
- Nope, no cheese. You could add it but the bacon already gives so much flavor. [NT] - Joe - 3:15pm on 07/01/06
- Joe, how much onion do you use in this? TIA [NT] - Randi - 5:07pm on 07/07/06
- 2 Tablespoons. Sorry, I've corrected the recipe. [NT] - Joe - 10:30pm on 07/08/06