Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Traca posted this awhile back: Spicy Asian Chicken Soup. We love it.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #23129 at 1:44 pm on Oct 27, 2012
You might be able to use the broth. It is delicious.
spicy asian chicken soup
SELF | March 2001
Although this recipe has a long ingredients list, it's a snap to throw together, even when you're zapped by sneezes and sniffles. Best of all, you'll be feeling better in a flash — chicken soup is a true germ conqueror, and the spiciness kicks up the cure a notch.Servings: Makes 4 servings.subscribe
1 can (48 oz) nonfat chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp Asian chili sauce (or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut in 8 slices
3/4 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut in thin 3-inch-long strips
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (or white button mushrooms)
1 cup snap peas (or snow peas)
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
1 tsp lime zest
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lime juice, and ginger and boil 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toss chicken with cornstarch until completely coated. Add chicken and shiitakes to broth and simmer 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in snap peas, red pepper, zest, and cilantro. Let soup stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Link: Spicy Asian Chicken Soup
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 23129. I want to make some sort of salmon-based soup with soba noodles and broth - Carianna in WA - 3:18am on 10/27/12 (6)
- Traca posted this awhile back: Spicy Asian Chicken Soup. We love it. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:44pm on 10/27/12
- I love this too, sans cilantro, thanks for reminding me Michael. [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:02pm on 10/27/12
- Nice! Thank you! [NT] - Carianna in WA - 6:05pm on 10/27/12
- so, I don't have a broth for you, but for another salmon soup recipe, try this one with fire roasted [LINK] - AngAk1 - 6:32pm on 10/29/12
- That sounds amazing! I had to get over my "fire roasted tomatoes" commercial where the lady - Carianna in WA - 4:25am on 10/30/12
- this really is wonderful---and I am not a big fan of fish soups. [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:38pm on 10/30/12