Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Have you tried Richard in Cincy's Green Bean Bundles? Excellent! Recipe inside.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #2939 at 7:50 pm on Aug 6, 2006
Green Bean bundles
Par-boil the whole green beans, immerse in
ice water to stop the cooking and keep them
green. Wrap bundles of 10 with a half strip
of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
Refrigerate. For the vinaigrette: 4 tbls
bacon grease, 5 tabl. tarragon vinegar, 1
tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 crushed clove
garlic, 1 tabl. minced parsley, and 1
tablespoon grated onion. Combine in
saucepan, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Roast the greenbeans at 400F until the bacon
is nice and done. Annoint the bundles with
the reheated vinaigrette.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2939. REC: Parmesan Green Beans - Meryl - 3:20pm on 08/06/06 (12)
- I've been wanting something different for green beans. Ask you will receive :) [NT] - Marsha tbay - 5:18pm on 08/06/06
- Here's another one for you, Marsha: Citrus Green Bean Salad... - Meryl - 6:38pm on 08/06/06
- Thank you very much! Going to the groc tomorrow, have everything but the beans! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 7:37pm on 08/06/06
- Have you tried Richard in Cincy's Green Bean Bundles? Excellent! Recipe inside. - CynUpstateNY - 7:50pm on 08/06/06
- I was not aware of these, Cyndi, thank you. These sure sound good too. All these good green bean - Marsha tbay - 9:57pm on 08/06/06
- I tried this one yesterday and we loved it, REC: Geen Bean, Cherry Tomato & Grilled Corn Salad.... - Barbara in VA - 8:06pm on 08/06/06
- Thank you for the cooking tip & feta cheese, that does sound good! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 10:02pm on 08/06/06
- Your welcome Marsha. I tried the feta in the left overs and loved it! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 6:44pm on 08/07/06
- Here's one that I like a lot, not the same old thing [LINK] - skyastara - 9:20pm on 08/06/06
- Skyastara, this one sounds good...mmmmm Thank you. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 9:51pm on 08/06/06
- Rec: Aunt Enza's Overstewed Green Beans - MiainMD - 9:48pm on 08/06/06
- Miain, this has to be good, It sounds similar in taste to my tomatoes with zucch. Thank you [NT] - Marsha tbay - 9:54pm on 08/06/06