Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Michael in Phoenix

A tip for success: depending on how savvy the kids are, have THEM suggest foods...

Veteran Member
5447 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #28603 at 7:18 pm on Apr 3, 2016

...they would like to try. Then, make it fun for them to pick a recipe and help shop for it, and eventually help prepare it.

The trick is to keep it simple, but to have them take ownership of it. They are much more likely to try it, eat it and enjoy it if they have something to do with the process in general.

For example, I made simple egg drop soup for my family when the boys were growing up. My youngest asked me for the recipe "so I can have it when I'm big". (Such a charmer, that kid!). I wasn't going to pass up a chance to get him involved so I told him I didn't really have a recipe written down, but did it "from memory". I asked him to help me make it, and to write his own recipe as we went along.

Attached, please find his hand-written recipe. He was 7 at the time.

Kids LOVE kitchen projects, and when the food they pick out and help to prepare hits the table, they BEAM with pride! All-in-all, a pretty good experience for everyone!

Michael

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b476/CornerstoneAlliance/Kids%20Recipe/Egg%20Drop%20Soup%20Bryeson04032016_zpsbrxpifwj.jpg

Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker

Other messages in this thread: