Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Made Cathy Z's Baked Creamy Zucchini for our Bible study group tonight. Excellent!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29481 at 4:34 am on Mar 14, 2017
I doubled the recipe and it fit a 15" x 20" pyrex casserole pan perfectly.
Everyone loved it, including our littlest partaker, who is not even 2 yet. He kept asking for more, more!.
Cathy's recipe, from our favorites file:
BAKED CREAMY ZUCCHINI (serves 6)
Rich and easy. Serve with plain grilled meat or fish.
5 medium zucchini, sliced to 1/4"
3 carrots, shredded
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 T butter
1 C cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 C sour cream
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp tarragon
1 C seasoned croutons or dry bread crumbs
Boil zucchini in water until tender (5 minutes). Sauté carrots, onions and garlic in butter until limp. Add the sour cream and soup. Add the zucchini and half the croutons, and stir carefully. Season with pepper and tarragon. Pour into a greased casserole and put remaining croutons on top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29481. Made Cathy Z's Baked Creamy Zucchini for our Bible study group tonight. Excellent! [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:34am on 03/14/17 (15)
- Glad you liked it. Ah the wonder of adding a can of cream of chicken soup.... - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:36pm on 03/14/17
- Which is why I love this site, because we "can" use cream of something soup - KarenNoCA - 4:04pm on 03/14/17
- (I saw what you did there, Karen. ;} ) [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:09pm on 03/14/17
- Yes we can can [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:25pm on 03/14/17
- well then, you may as well go for Sodom and Gomorrah Casserole with can, can, can. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:49pm on 03/14/17
- LOL - and, if the salt does end up getting you;the name can be changed to "Kick the Can Casserole" [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:06pm on 03/14/17
- You ladies make Fanny Brice look like a wallflower. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 9:28pm on 03/14/17
- If you had the time you could totally do a lot to this dish to lower the salt - KarenNoCA - 7:28pm on 03/14/17
- Nah, ya need to cut the salt by subbing a can of sour cream in for one for the mushroom soups . . . - mistral - 1:54am on 03/16/17
- I have no fear of that either! Especially since there is no more salt added. As long... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:07pm on 03/14/17
- OOOH! gotta try the can of soup in my next batch, and with the chicken, it sounds great! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:52am on 03/16/17
- Ya cannot beat it as a fairly neutral savory binder! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:28pm on 03/14/17
- Heck, even Campbell's Tomato Soup can be a killer soup with the addition of a bit of Umami! - KarenNoCA - 11:19pm on 03/14/17
- My biggest beef with Campbells Cream of Tomato is that it is so gawd-almighty sweet. . . - mistral - 1:51am on 03/16/17
- It used to be my after school snack, and I still love it although not all - Charley - 3:29pm on 03/16/17