Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
MariaDNoCA explained Photobucket issue in several posts the past few weeks.
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29860 at 11:40 am on Sep 21, 2017
I have been developing a workaround for uploading new images that won't be lost if a service like Photobucket changes their terms or goes out of business. As I mentioned was able to fully migrate all of the existing images that were on the Recipe Swap, shared Photobucket account. So for those I am going to create some galleries where members can browse those images and link to them if they want, and I also need to do some sort of script to rewrite the links in the database so that where those Photobucket images are linked to in old threads they will be updated to show them from here instead of the Photobucket (Pay Up ransom) broken image thing.
For uploading images, what we have now is not the most elegant option but Maria has been testing it successfully. If you'd like to use it, can you email me and I will provide instructions?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29860. I may have solved the message cookie dilemma, imprint cookie hot from the oven instead of before. [NT] [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 4:38pm on 09/13/17 (11)
- Clever! I don't see how it would work pressing before baking, no matter what recipe you used. - LisainLA - 8:22pm on 09/14/17
- I do it and have no problem. It needs to be a shortbread type cookie with no leavening [NT] - cheezz - 2:35pm on 09/18/17
- I tried every way from Sunday with the recipe on the box and the lettering was inconsistent. :-( - MariaDNoCA - 2:19am on 09/20/17
- I don't know if the link to Photobucket works anymore... [LINK] - cheezz - 1:16pm on 09/20/17
- I have all of your photos migrated here is that image: [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 2:39pm on 09/20/17
- So we don't go to photobucket anymore...where do we upload images now? [NT] - cheezz - 11:16am on 09/21/17
- MariaDNoCA explained Photobucket issue in several posts the past few weeks. - pmassell_93 - 11:40am on 09/21/17
- I sent a message but nothing happens when I click "submit" so I'm not sure it went thru [NT] - cheezz - 2:28pm on 09/23/17
- you mean a private message? just click the Email at the bottom left [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:31pm on 09/23/17
- and if you want to update your avatar here is the migrated link: [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 2:46pm on 09/20/17
- Thanks Paul! [NT] - cheezz - 11:14am on 09/21/17