Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
*Horror Vacui* (more commonly known as *Nature Abhors a Vacuum*) has just been proven by moi.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30365 at 11:14 am on Jun 25, 2018
Vacuum theories have been around for as long as...well, vacuums. I'm not talking the Dyson kind. I'm talking the "black void of darkness where nothing exists" kind. I'm talking Aristotle bumming everyone out about nature feeling the need to...fill.
Otto von Guericke, Sir Isaac Newton, Gottfried Leibniz, Albert Einstein and Hobbes (the scientist, not the imaginary tiger) all studied vacuum theory. But I just proved it here in my little 8 by 10 foot kitchen.
Four days ago I removed a 14.65 pound frozen turkey from my pull-out freezer drawer to create some room.
14.65 POUNDS! That sucker was huge (and half-priced in November) and right now its spatchcocked carcass is air-drying in the refrigerator.
But, wait...is there a 14.65 pound space in my freezer??? Hell! No! It's totally full and once again I have no room. Where did the emptiness go to? Where is the void? Where is the Halloween candy I hid back then?
It's no wonder Socrates drank hemlock. He probably couldn't find any room in the ice cave either.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30365. *Horror Vacui* (more commonly known as *Nature Abhors a Vacuum*) has just been proven by moi. - MarilynFL - 11:14am on 06/25/18 (13)
- My morning smile:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:53am on 06/25/18
- how many people have you invited to eat all that turkey? :) [NT] - Janet in NC - 1:57pm on 06/25/18
- Nada. Roasting it, then packaging it for trip to PA for Mom's 90th birthday. Also taking that - MarilynFL - 4:44pm on 06/25/18
- You could use some of it for "chicken" salad for lunches, with that kind of family crew. Have fun [NT] - Charley - 9:35pm on 06/25/18
- Aww! What a fun get together and happy 90th to mom! [NT] - barb_b - 11:48am on 06/28/18
- I understand ....I have had the same experience. I take out a huge rack of pork ribs - KarenNoCA - 3:46pm on 06/25/18
- Say it with me, sister: *Horror Vacui!* [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:44pm on 06/25/18
- Lol, so true. Same with when I have to empty a shelf looking for an item. Can't load it all - Curious1 - 6:15pm on 06/25/18
- We ate our freezer down. . .Then I filled it with 28 lbs frozen sour pie cherries! . . . - mistral - 8:07pm on 06/25/18
- You just eradicated my freezer guilt. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 1:35am on 06/26/18
- Ditto [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:08am on 06/26/18
- I am extra guilty now. . . gotta get going on processing those babies. .. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:21pm on 06/26/18
- It’s the so-called freezer drawer that’s the culprit. I swear I hate that thing… - MariaDNoCA - 2:33am on 06/27/18