Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Joe

REC: Pork (or chicken) Saltimboca. Micheal, is there a Trader Joe's in Phoenix?

Veteran Member
8089 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #877 at 5:28 pm on Feb 20, 2006

This is from October's Bon Appetit but didn't make it into epicurious.  It calls for 4 chicken breasts but I had a pork tenderloin and some prosciutto from Trader Joes, so I cut the tenderloin into 8 small pieces, pounded them out like the chicken and divided the rest of the ingredients into 8, making 2 pieces per serving.  It was so good I've done it several times with the pork and I may never get around to the chicken, but here's the original recipe:

CHICKEN WITH ASIAGO, PROSCIUTTO, AND SAGE
From Corey Creek Vineyards, Soutold, NY

This version of saltimboccca, a Roman specialty, substitutes chicken for veal.

4 servings

4 small skinless boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
Salt and pepper
All purpose flour

6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) butter, divided
1/2 cup finely grated Asiago cheese
8 thin prosciutto slices, folded over crosswise

2/3 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. minced fresh sage
4 whole sage leaves  (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 375*F.  Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Coat both sides with flour, shaking off excess.

Melt 4 Tbs. butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chicken breasts and saute until brown, turning once, about 5 minutes.  Transfer chicken to rimmed baking sheet; reserve skillet.  Sprinkle 2 tbs. cheese over each chicken breast.  Top each with 2 prosciutto slices.  Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, add wine, minced sage, and 2 tbs. butter to skillet Boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, scraping up any browned bits, about 4 minutes.

Transfer chicken breast to platter.  Top each with sage leaf, drizzle pan sauce over, and serve.

Other messages in this thread: