Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Recipe: Creamy Baked Beefaroni
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #10273 at 7:38 pm on Apr 1, 2008
Creamy Baked Beefaroni
1 lb penne
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onions
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
12 oz extra lean ground beef
1 3/4 cups tomato-based pasta sauce
1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 3/4 cups beef stock or chicken stock
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish with cooking oil.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the penne for eight to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain.
Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened, which takes about four minutes.
Stir in the beef and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until no longer pink, which takes about four minutes.
Stir in the tomato pasta sauce and 1/2 cup stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, milk and 1 3/4 cup stock in a non-stick saucepan until smooth.
Place over medium heat and cook until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until thickened.
Stir in the cheddar cheese. Remove from heat.
Stir the cheese sauce into the meat sauce.
Toss the pasta with the sauce. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes, until bubbly. Serves 4-6.
Other messages in this thread:
- 10273. Recipe: Creamy Baked Beefaroni - Olga_D_Ont - 7:38pm on 04/01/08 (7)
- Looks delicious Olga, going to try this Tomorrow ~ all your recipes are great ~ let you know :) [NT] - dianncy64 - 9:57pm on 04/01/08
- THIS IS AN AWSOMELY DELICIOUS RECIPE ~ WE LOVE IT.. but I made some changes: - dianncy64 - 11:14pm on 04/02/08
- Using mozzarella with the cheddar probably gives a creamy result that cheddar alone doesn't. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:44pm on 04/03/08
- Seriously, I don't care for mozzerella to chewy/stringy~ the cheese sauce gave it a creamy result ~ - dianncy64 - 10:55pm on 04/03/08
- I can understand that, I'm not so fond of a few things. I saved it, thanks, Olga. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:32pm on 04/04/08
- This is very good! Had to try it - desertjean - 3:14pm on 04/04/08
- YUM!! Thanks Olga. Beefaroni and 7up pound cake - lindy - 11:55pm on 04/15/08