Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Blackened Ahi with Soy-Mustard Sauce
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #10606 at 2:36 am on May 8, 2008
NO, I did NOT prepare the recipe as shown in the photo – lol!
I used two previously frozen Ahi tuna fillets for this recipe totaling a tad over 13 oz. and just over 1” thick. I seared them in my 11” heavy-duty fry pan until medium rare in a small dollop of vegetable oil on hight heat for close to three minutes for the first side, and then two minutes for the other side.
I made the delicious but very hot soy-mustard sauce and omitted the beurre blanc sauce. Although I loved the sauce, I would prefer the heat (amount of mustard) to be toned down by at least a teaspoon or so. I know it would work for me but then perhaps that’s why chef Roy Yamaguchi tempered the heat with a beurre blanc sauce option as well.
Link: Blackened Ahi with Soy-Mustard Sauce
Other messages in this thread:
- 10606. Recipes: One hot, and one cold. Both went very well together! [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:35am on 05/08/08 (10)
- Rec: Blackened Ahi with Soy-Mustard Sauce [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:36am on 05/08/08
- Rec: Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:38am on 05/08/08
- okay, that did it...noodles tonight for dinner. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:03pm on 05/08/08
- LOL, I picture Nigella Lawson raiding her fridge at night. off to buy soba noodles and maybe a - AngAk - 5:48pm on 05/08/08
- I made the soba noodles and ended up in the ER. yikes. had a severe allergic reaction, but to what - AngAk - 5:13pm on 05/10/08
- OMG Ang!! I feel terrible!! I'm sorry you went through that! - Sandy_in_Philly - 6:30pm on 05/10/08
- The reason you didn't react on Thurs is that was your first introduction... - Glennis_NoCA - 7:23pm on 05/10/08
- sometimes label says (in very fine print) that the product was processed on equipment used for nuts. - Luisa_Calif - 9:48pm on 05/10/08
- Food allergies can develop suddenly. I knew someone who had eaten shrimp and strawberries all her - Curious1 - 11:40am on 05/11/08
- Maybe their was pesticide residue on your sugar snap peas - lorijean - 2:44pm on 05/11/08