Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
If U are still swimming in blueberries, U might like to try Peach-Berry Cobbler (T&T) REC==>
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #11539 at 10:22 am on Aug 10, 2008
(Recipe was from Jean Wiseman back in 1962 or thereabouts, & I have no idea where she came by it.)
Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Combine in saucepan:
1/4 cup sugar,
1/4 cup brown sugar and
1 Tablespoon cornstarch. Add 1/2 cup water. (I use 1/4 cup water.) Blend well.
Cook above over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick, and then
Add: 1 Tablespoon lemon juice,
2 cups freshly sliced peaches (I use 3 cups), and
1 cup fresh blueberries.
Pour fruit mixture into an 8x8" square casserole.
Sift together into mixing bowl:
1 cup sifted flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar (I use slightly less, i.e, 1/3 cup.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Add 1/2 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup soft butter and beat until smooth.
Spoon cobbler topping over fruit. Sprinkle topping with a mixture of:
2 Tablespoons sugar (I use 1 Tablespoon) and
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is done.
Recipe may be doubled for baking in a 9x13" pan.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11539. I hope next February, we can all recall this time when we had blueberries, peaches, raspberries, - Marg CDN - 4:21pm on 07/30/08 (15)
- Marg, winters function is to use up our rumtopfs, and jams, and cordials and... : ) [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 7:08pm on 07/30/08
- winter is for digging the blackberries out of the freezer for daiquiris... - rvb - 1:24am on 07/31/08
- Oh ya. I forgot the blackberries. They'll be ready in about 2 weeks. So blackberry daquiris? [NT] - Marg CDN - 3:34am on 07/31/08
- yum... - rvb - 2:17pm on 07/31/08
- Well okay then. That sounds like an order to drink. [NT] - Marg CDN - 2:31pm on 07/31/08
- don't forget to add rum....lol [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:43pm on 07/31/08
- dang. i KNEW i forgot something. [NT] - rvb - 7:36pm on 08/03/08
- Is this enough for one? [NT] - Marg CDN - 9:34pm on 08/03/08
- To paraphrase Ang/AK from an earlier post: "This makes me sad just to read this." - MarilynFL - 2:25pm on 07/31/08
- Ya, for sure. flats of balckberries were $25 at the farmer's market. yikes. [NT] - AngAk - 6:28pm on 07/31/08
- and the more familiar Blackberries were also $25. beauties they were though. [NT] - AngAk - 6:29pm on 07/31/08
- DH and I just got back from picking 18 pounds of blueberries in one hour! - CynUpstateNY - 7:49pm on 07/31/08
- I am insanely jealous...I just got in from picking 3 dried out tiny cherry tomatoes and - joanietoo - 12:19am on 08/01/08
- If I didn't think it would cost $15.00 to send it, I'd mail you a jar of my jam! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:12pm on 08/01/08
- If U are still swimming in blueberries, U might like to try Peach-Berry Cobbler (T&T) REC==> - wigs - 10:22am on 08/10/08