Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Just made this again - Yellow Pepper Soup - Very good!
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #13986 at 2:14 am on Mar 1, 2009
This time I added lots of smoked paprika, since I always omit the chipotle pepper. I also left some of it chunky.
YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
1 onion, chopped (I used 1 large)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I used 9 large cloves, crushed)
2 teaspoons olive oil (I used 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
1 1/2 lbs yellow peppers (chopped) (I used 1 large yellow pepper and 1 large red pepper)
3/4 lb potatoes, cut into chunks (I used 1 medium potato, about 10 oz)
3 cups unsalted chicken stock (I used 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth)
1 tablespoon salt (less if using salted chicken broth) (I used less, of course)
1 chipotle pepper (canned) (I used a 4 oz can of mild green chilies and several shakes of some Cajun hot pepper sauce)
parmesan cheese (for garnish) (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
extra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
1. Cook (sweat) onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
2. Bring stock to a boil.
3. Add peppers, potatoes, salt, chipotle to boiling stock.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree in food processor or use an immersion blender. (I used a regular blender).
6. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and EV olive oil.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13986. Just made this again - Yellow Pepper Soup - Very good! [LINK] - Meryl - 2:14am on 03/01/09 (2)
- Excellent recipe, making pork chops tonight, this will be a great addition. Thanks Meryl :) [NT] - dianncy1964 - 5:32pm on 03/01/09
- You're welcome! [NT] - Meryl - 9:28pm on 03/01/09