Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
How long can you keep cheese at room temperature?
Joined: Dec 24, 2005
Posted to Thread #14012 at 1:03 pm on Mar 3, 2009
We had the dreaded refrigerator failure. It was the extra refrigerator in the basement. By the time I found it, the food in the freezer was warm and beginning to have an off smell. I cleaned out the freezer and tossed everything. In the refrigerator compartment I had some packages of cheese - cheddar, provolone, mozzarella, blue cheese, goat cheese etc. They were probably without refrigeration for several days. Are they still good? I know the old general store left cheese on the counter to sell, and I've been told when buying cheese from artisan cheese makers that it doesn't need refrigeration. That little frugal voice in my head keeps whispering that it's fine. What do you think?
Other messages in this thread:
- 14012. How long can you keep cheese at room temperature? - KC_ - 1:03pm on 03/03/09 (4)
- I have a piece of gouda that we bought in Amsterdam on my counter since Aug... - suz - 1:40pm on 03/03/09
- The frugal voice is right! [NT] - LisainLA - 3:36pm on 03/03/09
- Thanks suz and Lisa. We'll enjoy that cheese thanks to you. [NT] - KC_ - 8:09pm on 03/03/09
- This week's New Yorker mag has a great cartoon on this topic... :) [NT] - ErininNY - 9:59pm on 03/03/09