Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just bought one from Costco online - it really does boil water in under a minute>>
Joined: Jan 1, 2006
Posted to Thread #14016 at 6:30 pm on Mar 3, 2009
that being said, when I was trying to simmer a curry last week, it was either boiling madly or not simmering - maybe I just haven't figured it all out yet (not that there's much to learn, other than getting the right pots!). I can tell you that some of my flat-bottomed, stainless steel pots did not work. The bottom has to be quite thick - what happens is the unit won't even turn on if it's not the right material/thickness.
Mine is a Eurodib
well-behaved women rarely make history ;) www.wildserendipity.com
Other messages in this thread:
- 14016. Does anyone have an induction single burner unit? Googling brings up 4 or 5 - Michael in Sarasota - 5:58pm on 03/03/09 (4)
- I just bought one from Costco online - it really does boil water in under a minute>> - michelle - 6:30pm on 03/03/09
- I read "magnets" as "maggots"----I need more sleep. bravo for your part in stimulating this ecomony! [NT] - AngAk - 8:02pm on 03/03/09
- I've used one at the store where I am teaching classes. It is a Viking and I'm told it cost about - Joe - 2:34am on 03/04/09
- Excellent point! I knew the pots had to sit flat but never thought about tossing or tilting... - Michael in Sarasota - 11:58am on 03/04/09