Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I forgot to mention that when I first saw the window display of salmon fillets,
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #14018 at 6:01 am on Mar 4, 2009
there was a large cut turned skin-side up with what I would call a couple of blemishes (i.e. like the scales got scraped naturally). I've never seen upsidedown fish fillets with blemishes on the skin atop a pile of seemingly good looking salmon fillets right side up (flesh side up). When I ordered a pound of center cut, he picked up the skin-side up fillet and did his thing and laughed that it came to .99 lb. when I had asked for a pound, as if his cutting skills were right on target within an ounce.
Why was that large piece of blemished skin-side-up fish over the top of flesh-side up fillets to begin with??
Sorry, but I'm very suspicious and have googled here tonight with no luck about blood-clotted salmon fillets.
Thanks for listening!
Link: Peach Melba & history
Other messages in this thread:
- 14018. Totally gross but true... While preparing a favorite baked salmon dinner for my Dad and I tonight... - FloriSandy - 5:29am on 03/04/09 (9)
- I forgot to mention that when I first saw the window display of salmon fillets, [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 6:01am on 03/04/09
- Hmmm, I've never gotten any like that. I've been told to hold grouper up to the light to look for - Curious1 - 3:43pm on 03/04/09
- I think that might be the case. Why that clerk sold it to me is beyond me. [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:15pm on 03/04/09
- I closed my eyes while clicking on this so I could post that I'm afraid to read this. Just got - MarilynFL - 4:50pm on 03/04/09
- Sandy, I have seen bloody spots on tuna, because they are caught with a gaffe. - Joe - 7:04pm on 03/04/09
- Don't open if squeamish. I have an associate in the seafood biz. He said... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:12pm on 03/04/09
- Yikes. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:40pm on 03/04/09
- Interesting, thanks Michael. [NT] - Curious1 - 8:41pm on 03/04/09
- Thanks Michael! Here's what happened when I returned the salmon today... - FloriSandy - 11:11pm on 03/04/09