Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks Michael! Here's what happened when I returned the salmon today...
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #14018 at 11:11 pm on Mar 4, 2009
I went to the customer service counter and insisted on seeing the manager who oversees the seafood department. He was very apologetic and said that the clerk should have seen the blood clots and offered to get me a new cut. I declined and said I would go to another supermarket. He seemed to think it was the blood line.... He also said the reason that the salmon fillet was skin side up on the rest of the large fillets was to retain the color (farm raised and color enhanced).
I drove a couple of miles further down to another supermarket to get a pound of salmon to replace the one I had returned. I told the seafood clerk there what had happened and asked him if he knew what it might have been. He said that he is not aware of salmon having a blood line nor has he seen anything like that.
Michael, thanks so much for this information. I will call the manager I spoke to yesterday and tell him about what you've posted. If that piece of salmon was infected, it was laying atop others! That is sooo not good!
Other messages in this thread:
- 14018. Totally gross but true... While preparing a favorite baked salmon dinner for my Dad and I tonight... - FloriSandy - 5:29am on 03/04/09 (9)
- I forgot to mention that when I first saw the window display of salmon fillets, [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 6:01am on 03/04/09
- Hmmm, I've never gotten any like that. I've been told to hold grouper up to the light to look for - Curious1 - 3:43pm on 03/04/09
- I think that might be the case. Why that clerk sold it to me is beyond me. [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:15pm on 03/04/09
- I closed my eyes while clicking on this so I could post that I'm afraid to read this. Just got - MarilynFL - 4:50pm on 03/04/09
- Sandy, I have seen bloody spots on tuna, because they are caught with a gaffe. - Joe - 7:04pm on 03/04/09
- Don't open if squeamish. I have an associate in the seafood biz. He said... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:12pm on 03/04/09