Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Anna...my condolences to your entire family. I'm thinking "warm"....
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14091 at 4:04 pm on Mar 10, 2009
Soup and crock-pot ideas are great. A simple chicken noodle soup has amazing restorative powers. Simplify by using rotisserie chicken, pull off the skin/bones and add to prepared broth to augment the flavor, buy veggies already chopped, saute and add to broth after removing the bones/skin and use a good noodle. Lots of pepper or add 1/2 of a jalapeno (seeds removed).
Don't forget to buy bowls and spoons.
Wishing you peaceful memories of laughing with your dad.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14091. HELP with funeral lunch, at home, many allergies - Anna_X - 6:25am on 03/10/09 (34)
- I'm sorry about your loss, Anna. Deviled eggs can be made ahead of time and - Michael in Sarasota - 11:13am on 03/10/09
- ((Anna!)) What about a vegie platter? Crockpots are great for keeping things warm. You - barb_b - 12:39pm on 03/10/09
- Great idea, Barb. REC: Cocktail Meatballs in Cranberry-Pinot Noir Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:10pm on 03/10/09
- Good idea. It's always nice to have something warm. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:20pm on 03/10/09
- these can be made with turkey---also, frozen turkey meatballs are available. [NT] - AngAk - 6:08pm on 03/10/09
- Roast Beef Roll Ups - MoNJ - 12:55pm on 03/10/09
- Plop a steamed and cooled asparagus spear in the middle and you have... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:49am on 03/11/09
- So sorry to hear about your father. Our thoughts are with you and your family. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:20pm on 03/10/09
- Don't forget about drinks. Link to a punch recipe (non-alcoholic) inside. [LINK] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:23pm on 03/10/09
- Anna, condolences from us. Bowl of strawberries prepped and ready to dip into chocolate sauce [NT] - joanietoo - 2:26pm on 03/10/09
- I'm sorry Anna. It's tough. For the reception following, how about some sandwich quarters, easily - DawnNYS - 3:00pm on 03/10/09
- (((Anna))) My thoughts are with you. Dawn's suggestions sound do-able. [NT] - Marianne - 3:58pm on 03/10/09
- Anna...my condolences to your entire family. I'm thinking "warm".... - MarilynFL - 4:04pm on 03/10/09
- My deepest sympathy on your loss.... [NT] - suz - 5:17pm on 03/10/09
- I'm sorry for your loss, Anna. Lemon Bars and Brownies are comfort food and easy to do - Joe - 5:34pm on 03/10/09
- Sympathy to you and your family. Looks as though you've gotten some good suggestions. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:55pm on 03/10/09
- So Sorry. Praying for you and your family. [NT] - GailNJ - 6:04pm on 03/10/09
- So sorry Anna. Some churches have funeral "dinner" committees that may be of some help. Costco was - AngAk - 6:10pm on 03/10/09
- Also, people will want to help. take their offerings gladly. [NT] - AngAk - 6:11pm on 03/10/09
- So sorry for your loss, Anna. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:33pm on 03/10/09
- Sorry to hear about your father. My sympathies are with you and your family. NT [NT] - elaine - 6:55pm on 03/10/09
- Anna, Very sorry to hear about your Father...Prayers for you and your family! [NT] - GayR - 9:12pm on 03/10/09
- ((Anna)) I'll second the COntco suggestion, and accepting any offers from friends and family. [NT] - LisainLA - 9:40pm on 03/10/09
- goodness, that's Costco. [NT] - LisainLA - 9:40pm on 03/10/09
- So sorry to hear of your loss, Anna. Thoughts are with you [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:55pm on 03/10/09
- Anna, sorry to hear of your father's passing. - Dawn_MO - 10:49pm on 03/10/09
- Anna, I am sad for you on the passing of your father. God Bless and sincere Prayers + for you [NT] - dianncy1964 - 5:37am on 03/11/09
- Anna, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad recently as well... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:50am on 03/11/09
- Anna, my condolences. Take care of yourself. [NT] - ErininNY - 7:13pm on 03/11/09
- My sympathy to you and your family Anna. [NT] - FloriSandy - 11:57pm on 03/11/09
- I pray God would wrap HIS arms of cofort around you and your family. [NT] - Brooksie - 12:49am on 03/12/09
- Re: HELP with funeral lunch, at home, many allergies - Anna_X - 4:24am on 03/12/09
- I don't know how I missed this post -- so sorry about your Dad, Anna. Even after a long illness - PatBastrop - 4:33am on 03/12/09
- so sorry for you loss Anna... it's always 'sudden' even after a long illness [NT] - cheezz - 2:49pm on 03/13/09