Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I love brown rice and have used it for EPI's Louisiana Jambalaya a few times and with
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #14117 at 1:38 am on Mar 13, 2009
chicken thigh dishes. I just love the earthy and somewhat chewy flavor. I've always cooked it stovetop method and was careful to stir only from the bottom with just three revolutions during the entire cooking time. Opening the lid unecessarily will certainly wreck the rice.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14117. This may seem like a strange question but ... - Cindy K MI - 7:00pm on 03/12/09 (6)
- Sticky and chewey is about right. Add a little butter to the pot to mitigate the "sticky" [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 8:21pm on 03/12/09
- No strange questions here, Cindy. You described brown rice perfectly... - MarilynFL - 8:22pm on 03/12/09
- Short grain brown rice is a family favorite. I always tell folks who are trying... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:10pm on 03/12/09
- More starch - it figures, but I can indulge now and then. - DawnNYS - 9:54pm on 03/12/09
- Here's a link to CI Baked Brown Rice, and several variations of the recipe. I've made the lemon and [LINK] - Marianne - 10:35pm on 03/12/09
- I love brown rice and have used it for EPI's Louisiana Jambalaya a few times and with - FloriSandy - 1:38am on 03/13/09