Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My husband says that when you delete something, usually the first character of the file name is
Joined: Feb 25, 2006
Posted to Thread #14214 at 12:39 am on Mar 23, 2009
deleted. Then the file space is marked as available. If you haven't used any or very much disk space afterward you can run a recover program and it will usually recover the deleted information, but not always.
Also you can take it a place that specializes in disc recovery. A simple recovery runs usually up to $1,000 and forensics can be thousands of dollars.
It depends on how the formatting was done,and how much disk space they used after that; it very well could end up big bucks to recover now
Other messages in this thread:
- 14214. Any computer geniuses out there - lost file in all these computer issues - Music City Missy - 12:07am on 03/23/09 (4)
- My husband says that when you delete something, usually the first character of the file name is - Marsha tbay - 12:39am on 03/23/09
- Oh no! First - don't use it until you get , or take it to, a recovery program/tech. Like Marsha - DawnNYS - 1:55am on 03/23/09
- I'm feeling for you. I just lost some important bz. files... - deb-in-MI - 4:03pm on 03/23/09
- Say a prayer - the tech guy from my old job said there is a good chance to get it back.... - Music City Missy - 11:36pm on 03/23/09