Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Janet in NC||
I live alone too and here is what I buy....
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #14211 at 1:54 am on Mar 23, 2009
gas, wine, lamb chops, spec, jalsberg lite cheese and an occasional "other". I use my vacuum sealer to package the lamb chops and cheese in smaller sizes. Freeze the lamb chops, store the cheese in the fridge. The cost of membership pays for itself with wine and gas. If I needed a TV or other such thing I would check their price along with others. I don't buy any of the bulk paper goods etc. since I have no place to store them in my condo. I find that Walmart's prices are as good on much smaller quantities.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14211. What to but at Costco if you live alone? I bought a membership so I could buy a - Melissa Dallas - 10:34pm on 03/22/09 (12)
- You buy what you want and split it with someone. Most things freeze - KarenNoCA - 11:17pm on 03/22/09
- I live alone too and here is what I buy.... - Janet in NC - 1:54am on 03/23/09
- I buy almost all of my household cleaners and paper products there. - PatBastrop - 4:45am on 03/23/09
- I go there with a friend with a membership card, don't have one of my own - Heather_in_SF - 11:41am on 03/23/09
- Thanks for the ideas. I think I just need to meet my sister there or take a friend & divvy a lot of - Melissa Dallas - 4:47pm on 03/23/09
- I too was wondering if I should keep my membership. I think I'll keep it for this year and see how - AngAk - 6:45pm on 03/23/09
- Dallas has weird alcohol laws too. Every time you cross a body of water it seems like you go from a - Melissa Dallas - 8:54pm on 03/23/09
- Or unless you live in SF. - Heather_in_SF - 9:00pm on 03/23/09
- We just opened up a huge shelter with virtually no conditions but some of them just - Melissa Dallas - 12:21am on 03/24/09
- Melissa, I've heard that a lot of the homeless feel safer on the street as opposed to a shelter. - FloriSandy - 3:34am on 03/24/09
- When Reagan closed the state run mental institution in Napa, the numbers of homeless dramatically - Heather_in_SF - 7:08pm on 03/25/09
- I hear you Heather and it's very disheartening to say the least! [NT] - FloriSandy - 5:38am on 03/30/09