Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is one f my favs cause of easy it is and how easy I can add ingredients depending on mood
Joined: Nov 22, 2008
Posted to Thread #14215 at 4:27 am on Mar 23, 2009
• 8 slices day-old bread
• 3 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
1. Remove crusts from day old bread and crumble stale slices into a medium bowl. Mix in the butter, egg, salt and pepper until dough forms. Knead until the dough can be formed into balls. Form balls 3/4 inch in diameter, the recipe should make about 30 balls.
2. Heat the chicken broth to boiling in a large saucepan or stockpot. Drop balls into the broth and simmer for 10 minutes, or until balls rise to the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Note: I have added things like ham, chicken, turkey and even different veggies depending on my mood. I have even just added only seaseoning like fresh bay lease or parsley. This main recipe is very good as is. My family finds it very tasty. Have fun with it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14215. Need Soup Recipes - NancyWisc - 2:32am on 03/23/09 (8)
- Check out the following threads - also lots are posted in T&T: [NT] - Meryl - 3:04am on 03/23/09
- Soups [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 3:04am on 03/23/09
- This is one f my favs cause of easy it is and how easy I can add ingredients depending on mood - Mercy - 4:27am on 03/23/09
- What an interesting recipe! Are the butterballs like matzo balls? [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 6:07pm on 03/29/09
- REC: Wisconsin Cheese Chowder with Cheddar and Swiss. This is one of my favorites, easy, fast. and [LINK] - Marianne - 2:29pm on 03/23/09
- here is our T&T Soups and Stews lising [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:53pm on 03/23/09