Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I second Meryl's recipe. I salt/stand and rinse. Great recipe.
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #14223 at 11:40 pm on Mar 23, 2009
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14223. ISO The best Eggplant Parmasean.. - suz - 9:12pm on 03/23/09 (7)
- Here's mine. Your instincts are correct--salt the eggplant. I just use flour and egg, no crumbs. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 9:28pm on 03/23/09
- Interesting technique, it's how I do franchese...ummm, no mozzerella? [NT] - suz - 10:02pm on 03/23/09
- No, but a little wouldn't hurt. I don't like to overdo the cheese or sauce [NT] - Joe - 10:19pm on 03/23/09
- Meryl's Faux Fried Eggplant is a good method. I skip the salting/standing. [LINK] - AngAk - 10:36pm on 03/23/09
- I second Meryl's recipe. I salt/stand and rinse. Great recipe. [NT] - orchid - 11:40pm on 03/23/09
- While on the subject, here is Michael Chiarello's Stuffed Foccacia with eggplant and Mozzarella [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 12:02am on 03/24/09
- Eggplant, egg, tomato sauce, pecorino cheese. No salt, flour, crumbs, mozzerella. That's how - aajay - 12:30am on 03/24/09