Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A caribbean Fish Ball Recipe
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #14228 at 8:47 pm on Mar 24, 2009
An Accras recipe...Salt fish cakes.
2 tbsp oil
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Salt to your taste
1 egg lightly beaten
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp finely chopped green onions, or chopped parsley or chopped coriander.
½ lb, salted cod fish, pre soaked in 3 changes of water then cooked and flaked
Hot pepper finely chopped(but as much as you think you can use)...I use about a big teaspoon as my DH does like great heat
Heat the oil, saute the onions until they are just wilted.
Place flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
Make a well in center add beaten egg, melted butter and milk.
Mix together lightly, then add the onions, spring onion greens and flaked cod fish.
Add seasoning ie salt (to taste) and fresh black pepper.
Drop by tablespoon full into hot oil, do not over-crowd pan.
Serve hot on a clean sea-grape leaf
Dip into a mixture of mayonaise and Matouke's sauce. (This is a HOT Creole sauce, be careful)
Or make a Sauce Chiene (Dog Sauce)
Wine does not make you fat, it makes you lean/against walls, tables, chairs, floors and ugly people.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14228. A caribbean Fish Ball Recipe - joanietoo - 8:47pm on 03/24/09 (4)
- Make that a big "C"...ooops! [NT] - joanietoo - 9:00pm on 03/24/09
- Gonna try this. I like baccalau, but something new with more flavour than just garlic would be swell - Marg CDN - 4:22pm on 03/25/09
- Love conc(k)h but we buy it frozen more often than not these days... - joanietoo - 6:03pm on 03/25/09
- I am my own worst critiqe! [NT] - joanietoo - 6:03pm on 03/25/09