Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO Lemon Sponge Cake recipe
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #14231 at 12:45 am on Mar 25, 2009
My mother used to make this a looooong time ago and all I remember is it was in the shape of an angel food cake and was really dense. Does anyone have something similar - not light and cakey, but has more large airholes in it than a regular cake.
Thanks! By the way, why is a sponge cake named that? Anyone know?
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 14231. ISO Lemon Sponge Cake recipe - DawnNYS - 12:45am on 03/25/09 (8)
- I'm confused by your description as being dense and not light because a true [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 3:02am on 03/25/09
- Could've been a chiffon cake even though the recipe said sponge. I won't know until - DawnNYS - 3:23pm on 03/25/09
- DawnNYS - Here is Christopher Kimball's article and "Foolproof Sponge Cake" Recipe - Interesting > [LINK] - GayR - 12:16pm on 03/25/09
- From the Novice Baker Blog -Christopher Kimball's Recipe with Photos [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:19pm on 03/25/09
- Thank you Gay. This looks close. I love ATK w/Chris Kimball. [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:27pm on 03/25/09
- My pleasure Dawn, I hope you enjoy "the taste memory." [NT] - GayR - 5:54pm on 03/25/09
- Wow, Gay, I have to try this! Thanks. [NT] - PatBastrop - 8:24pm on 03/25/09
- PatBastrop, Hope you enjoy the recipe when you try it. [NT] - GayR - 2:21am on 03/26/09