Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
These are so delicious, you can't believe they are good for you
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #14229 at 2:52 am on Mar 25, 2009
A recipe from South Africa.
Edna's 30-day muffins
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups wheat bran
1 pinch salt
500 g chopped dates and raisins (just over a pound)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups milk
Mix the first three ingredients together. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. This should be a sloppy mixture. Leave overnight in the fridge - it can be left in the fridge for up to 30 days. Fill muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake at 400 F for 10-15 minutes.
The original recipe said 500g cake mix or dates and nuts, but you can't get cake mix in the USA, and I am not fond of nuts in my food, so I use dates and raisins.
These are my husband's favorite breakfast. They keep forever in a plastic bag in the fridge or in the freezer. There is a very similar recipe in a book called RETURN TO CAMDEBOO, where the author, Eve Palmer tell of her sister not having dessert for guests one night, so she warmed these muffins and put a little brandy on them and served these for dessert, I think with cream. they really are wonderful, moist and delicious.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14229. ISO Muffin recipes - I'm on a muffin kick lately - What are your favorites? Here are mine: - Meryl - 10:09pm on 03/24/09 (13)
- Here is a site for muffins just click on the picture and it will give you the recipe [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - dianncy1964 - 11:23pm on 03/24/09
- Here is another site with multiple recipes my favorite recipe is my bluberry muffins [LINK] - dianncy1964 - 11:27pm on 03/24/09
- Anyone have a good recipe for raisin bran muffins? - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:27am on 03/25/09
- Don't have a T&T, but here's one to check out: (Glad you liked the Jam-Filled Muffins)! [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 1:49am on 03/25/09
- These are so delicious, you can't believe they are good for you - Lana in FL - 2:52am on 03/25/09
- We love Nancy Silverton's (La Brea Bakery) Bran Muffins [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:02pm on 03/25/09
- REC: Great Grains Muffins - MoNJ - 1:06pm on 03/25/09
- GailNJ's Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins. and those baked donut muffins are so yum. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:22pm on 03/25/09
- I'm actually afraid to try the donut muffins. Even the name makes me want them, like I'd get a - MarilynFL - 5:54pm on 03/25/09
- Me, too. I'm afraid that I'd eat the whole batch. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:21pm on 03/25/09
- My favorite muffins by far are Betty Rosbottom's Brandied Applesauce Raisin muffins==> [LINK] - wigs - 1:03am on 04/02/09
- Oh geez. ANOTHER trip to the liquor store! Oh well. [NT] - Marg CDN - 9:09pm on 04/03/09