Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Great Grains Muffins
Joined: Feb 5, 2007
Posted to Thread #14229 at 1:06 pm on Mar 25, 2009
Great Grains Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup quartered moist plump prunes or other dried fruits
(I used a mixed full cup of prunes and dried apricots)
Note: ( I added 1 /2 tsp fiori di sicilia to wet ingredients, not part of original recipe)
Preheat oven to 400
Butter or spray a 12 muffin cup tin, or fit with paper muffin cups, can also use a silicone muffin pan, ungreased.
Place muffin pan on baking sheet
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cornmeal, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, syrup, and melted butter.
Pour liquid ingredients over dry. With whisk or rubber spatula, gently, but quickly stir to blend. Donít worry if the batter is lumpy, its ok. Stir in fruits or nuts, if using. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups.
Bake 18-20 mins until tops are golden and thin knife inserted comes out clean.
Transfer pan to rack to cool 5 mins.
Then remove muffins to rack to further cool.
These are best eaten the day they are made, or tightly wrapped and frozen for up to one month
Dorie Greenspan, Baking from My Home to Yours
Other messages in this thread:
- 14229. ISO Muffin recipes - I'm on a muffin kick lately - What are your favorites? Here are mine: - Meryl - 10:09pm on 03/24/09 (13)
- Here is a site for muffins just click on the picture and it will give you the recipe [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - dianncy1964 - 11:23pm on 03/24/09
- Here is another site with multiple recipes my favorite recipe is my bluberry muffins [LINK] - dianncy1964 - 11:27pm on 03/24/09
- Anyone have a good recipe for raisin bran muffins? - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:27am on 03/25/09
- Don't have a T&T, but here's one to check out: (Glad you liked the Jam-Filled Muffins)! [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 1:49am on 03/25/09
- These are so delicious, you can't believe they are good for you - Lana in FL - 2:52am on 03/25/09
- We love Nancy Silverton's (La Brea Bakery) Bran Muffins [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:02pm on 03/25/09
- REC: Great Grains Muffins - MoNJ - 1:06pm on 03/25/09
- GailNJ's Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins. and those baked donut muffins are so yum. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:22pm on 03/25/09
- I'm actually afraid to try the donut muffins. Even the name makes me want them, like I'd get a - MarilynFL - 5:54pm on 03/25/09
- Me, too. I'm afraid that I'd eat the whole batch. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:21pm on 03/25/09
- My favorite muffins by far are Betty Rosbottom's Brandied Applesauce Raisin muffins==> [LINK] - wigs - 1:03am on 04/02/09
- Oh geez. ANOTHER trip to the liquor store! Oh well. [NT] - Marg CDN - 9:09pm on 04/03/09