Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Will my macarons taste "French" if I use California almonds instead of Spanish marconas?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14236 at 6:17 pm on Mar 25, 2009
This seems like a basic recipe I should conquer, but I hate to waste the time, money, and angst on it if the end result won't taste like the authentic Parisian version.
I have Pierre Herme's recipe and he uses marconas, but I don't know if that is the fried version or the raw version. Of course, Spain is closer to California for Pierre, so perhaps that is his reasoning.
Plus, I have a few pounds of California almonds in the freezer and would like to use those up.
Has anyone gone down this culinary path?
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14236. Will my macarons taste "French" if I use California almonds instead of Spanish marconas? - MarilynFL - 6:17pm on 03/25/09 (6)
- After much experimenting, I found these to be the answer - rhoward2va - 7:49pm on 03/25/09
- Wow! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:42am on 03/26/09
- Merci, Roz! Oh, that Pierre..heis a tricky one. In "La Patisserie" he uses marconas...in the America [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:37am on 03/26/09
- De Rien. Yes, his was one of the sites I checked out. - rhoward2va - 12:12pm on 03/26/09
- I think the "foot" is that crunchy bottom part as opposed to the smooth top. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:06am on 03/27/09
- Ah...enlightenment. Thanks Luisa. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:30pm on 03/27/09