Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
De Rien. Yes, his was one of the sites I checked out.
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #14236 at 12:12 pm on Mar 26, 2009
A lot of the recipes talk about the "feet". This is a tricky cookie to make. The problem I found was that the macarons cracked on top and weren't very pretty. I'm still patting myself on the back since I got these to work! I've had people tell me they are just like the ones they had in France. Bon Chance!
Other messages in this thread:
- 14236. Will my macarons taste "French" if I use California almonds instead of Spanish marconas? - MarilynFL - 6:17pm on 03/25/09 (6)
- After much experimenting, I found these to be the answer - rhoward2va - 7:49pm on 03/25/09
- Wow! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:42am on 03/26/09
- Merci, Roz! Oh, that Pierre..heis a tricky one. In "La Patisserie" he uses marconas...in the America [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:37am on 03/26/09
- De Rien. Yes, his was one of the sites I checked out. - rhoward2va - 12:12pm on 03/26/09
- I think the "foot" is that crunchy bottom part as opposed to the smooth top. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:06am on 03/27/09
- Ah...enlightenment. Thanks Luisa. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:30pm on 03/27/09