Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Parker House Scrod (young cod)...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #14692 at 7:29 pm on May 5, 2009
Parker House Scrod
Recipe By : Omni Parker House Hotel, Boston, MA
6 8-ounce haddock fillets -- or baby cod
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 pound crackers -- buttery, flaky crackers such as Ritz, finely crushed
1/2 pound melted butter
1/2 cup white wine
Marinate fish in milk, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, olive oil, and paprika for 2 hours (the longer the better).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Remove from marinade and dip each fillet into cracker crumbs. Cover all surfaces well. Place fillets in buttered baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
Pour white wine into pan, being sure not to drizzle directly onto fish. Bake until flaky, approximately 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Place under broiler for a few minutes to finish and give color.
Serving Ideas : Serving Suggestion: boiled or roasted new potatoes, a green vegetable, a wedge of lemon, and a dozen Parker House Rolls
Other messages in this thread:
- 14692. Charlie, regarding your fish cakes...I have thawed too much cod. The total I - Marg CDN - 5:14pm on 05/05/09 (16)
- Marg, could you save some cod aside for a different meal tomorrow? Just a thot. Or make fish soup? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:16pm on 05/05/09
- Thanks Pat, but because we are not 'fish people', I know I just wouldn't eat the fish the next day. - Marg CDN - 5:55pm on 05/05/09
- Yes Marg they freeze well--I usually brown them on one side, flip, then put in a 425 oven for 10 min [NT] - charlie - 7:25pm on 05/05/09
- A couple more cod recipes--REC: Cod Scaloppine with Sweet Peppers & Marjoram... - charlie - 7:27pm on 05/05/09
- REC: Parker House Scrod (young cod)... - charlie - 7:29pm on 05/05/09
- Good. The mix is in the fridge smelling just heavenly. I'll do a batch to freeze. - Marg CDN - 8:10pm on 05/05/09
- 8.5 lbs? perhaps you could use another? ;o) Rec: Spicy Sauteed Fish with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes - Pat-NoCal - 1:02pm on 05/06/09
- Rec: Pan-Roasted Halibut with Prosciutto, Lemon, White Wine, and Capers, have used cod and [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 1:07pm on 05/06/09
- these halibut tacos were on our local TV cooking segment this morning. cod would work. nice slaw [LINK] - AngAk - 8:23pm on 05/06/09
- These sound great, Ang. I'd likely use warm corn tortillas over the flour. Love the flavor of corn - Pat-NoCal - 9:44pm on 05/06/09
- I thought corn tortillas were traditional with fish tacos too, but I prefer flour. He is one of the - AngAk - 10:11pm on 05/06/09
- I'm so envious of your fresh caught fish. Lucky you. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:05am on 05/07/09
- Awaiting fresh fish now :) - vavroom - 12:59am on 05/07/09
- The fish cakes were darn good. H is already asking when we're going to eat the frozen ones. - Marg CDN - 1:16pm on 05/07/09