Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Roasted Cod with Potatoes & Olives...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #14692 at 7:31 pm on May 5, 2009
Roasted Cod with Potatoes and Olives
2 pounds red new potatoes -- scrubbed and quartered
4 garlic cloves -- halved lengthwise
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary -- crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil -- plus
1 teaspoon olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4 8-ounce cod fillets -- (6 to 8 ounces)
1 pint cherry tomatoes -- or grape tomatoes, whole or halved
1/2 cup Kalamata olives -- pitted
Lemon wedges -- for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with garlic, rosemary, and 1 tablespoon oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes in a single layer, cut side down. Bake, tossing potatoes once, until beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, rub fillets with remaining teaspoon oil; season all sides with salt and pepper.
Remove baking sheet from oven. Add tomatoes and olives to potatoes; stir to combine. Push vegetable mixture to one side; place fillets flat on baking sheet, next to vegetables. Return to oven, and roast until fish is cooked through and potatoes are brown and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Transfer fish and vegetables to serving platter. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges if desired.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14692. Charlie, regarding your fish cakes...I have thawed too much cod. The total I - Marg CDN - 5:14pm on 05/05/09 (16)
- Marg, could you save some cod aside for a different meal tomorrow? Just a thot. Or make fish soup? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:16pm on 05/05/09
- Thanks Pat, but because we are not 'fish people', I know I just wouldn't eat the fish the next day. - Marg CDN - 5:55pm on 05/05/09
- Yes Marg they freeze well--I usually brown them on one side, flip, then put in a 425 oven for 10 min [NT] - charlie - 7:25pm on 05/05/09
- A couple more cod recipes--REC: Cod Scaloppine with Sweet Peppers & Marjoram... - charlie - 7:27pm on 05/05/09
- REC: Parker House Scrod (young cod)... - charlie - 7:29pm on 05/05/09
- REC: Roasted Cod with Potatoes & Olives... - charlie - 7:31pm on 05/05/09
- Wow, great recipe and no pans to clean up... - KarenNoCA - 12:02am on 05/06/09
- Good. The mix is in the fridge smelling just heavenly. I'll do a batch to freeze. - Marg CDN - 8:10pm on 05/05/09
- 8.5 lbs? perhaps you could use another? ;o) Rec: Spicy Sauteed Fish with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes - Pat-NoCal - 1:02pm on 05/06/09
- Rec: Pan-Roasted Halibut with Prosciutto, Lemon, White Wine, and Capers, have used cod and [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 1:07pm on 05/06/09
- these halibut tacos were on our local TV cooking segment this morning. cod would work. nice slaw [LINK] - AngAk - 8:23pm on 05/06/09
- These sound great, Ang. I'd likely use warm corn tortillas over the flour. Love the flavor of corn - Pat-NoCal - 9:44pm on 05/06/09
- I thought corn tortillas were traditional with fish tacos too, but I prefer flour. He is one of the - AngAk - 10:11pm on 05/06/09
- I'm so envious of your fresh caught fish. Lucky you. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:05am on 05/07/09
- Awaiting fresh fish now :) - vavroom - 12:59am on 05/07/09
- The fish cakes were darn good. H is already asking when we're going to eat the frozen ones. - Marg CDN - 1:16pm on 05/07/09