Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Ham & Bean Soup
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posted to Thread #1543 at 5:15 pm on Apr 21, 2006
Sally, here's one that has typical seasoning. I usually use my pressure pan for bean recipes.
Ham and Bean Soup
1 meaty ham bone
2 cups Navy beans or mixed beans, washed, sorted, and soaked overnight
8 c. water (3 c. more may be added after bone is taken out, then cook some more)
1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1 bay leaf
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. honey
Salt & pepper, to taste
Wash beans. Combine beans, ham bone, water, garlic, bay leaf, and onion in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Turn to LOW and cook 8 to 10 hours longer, until beans are tender. Season with lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper, to taste. Remove ham bone; cut meat off and return to pot. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Friends are the flowers in the garden of life.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1543. ISO: Ham and Bean Soup - Sally in CT - 3:49pm on 04/21/06 (4)
- Why not try the 15 bean soup mixes in the supermarket. - Durward - 3:54pm on 04/21/06
- Ham & Bean Soup - BobbiJoAZ - 5:15pm on 04/21/06
- Rec: A fantastic bean soup . . . Dallas Cowboy Bean Soup . . . courtesy of my Dad . . . - magnoliainchicago - 7:54pm on 04/21/06
- I googled "bean soup mix" and found a bunch of sites for making that gift giving mix. You could [LINK] - AngAk - 4:40pm on 04/24/06