Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
H, I did a comparison to CathyZ cinnamon rolls, which turn out
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #18017 at 12:08 am on Apr 2, 2010
great all the time.
I know it's not a 1:1 comparison (cinnamon to hot cross), but, in general...if I compare the two...
3/4 C milk
1 C water
2 1/2 C more water
for 10 cups of flour
That's 4.25 C of liquid + 5 eggs for 10 cups of flour
Your recipe uses
1/4 C milk
1/2 C water
4 Cups of flour
That's 3/4 C liquid + 3 eggs for 4 cups of flour. So...a LOT less liquid.
If I normalize these using the flour, then your recipe could use 1 3/4 C of liquid. Since it already has enough eggs, maybe you just need more liquid?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 18017. Hot Cross Buns making us cross - any suggestions? - Heather_in_SF - 7:38pm on 04/01/10 (13)
- I have had that problem with Hot Cross Buns, thought it was par for the course...(nt) [NT] - daricem - 7:49pm on 04/01/10
- Hmm, I've eaten them, but not often because they are usually pretty stale, no matter how fresh they - DawnNYS - 7:58pm on 04/01/10
- Too much yeast. try making the dough the night before and using. . . - mistral - 9:33pm on 04/01/10
- Take a look at Pioneer Woman's blog today. REC: Hot Cross Buns [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 9:35pm on 04/01/10
- could it be the eggs? [NT] - AngAk - 10:31pm on 04/01/10
- H, I did a comparison to CathyZ cinnamon rolls, which turn out - MarilynFL - 12:08am on 04/02/10
- It's good to see you Mar. You have been missed! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 12:29am on 04/02/10
- Work is crazy. I should be remote-logging in right now, but I want to be here!!! [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:37am on 04/02/10
- You're analytical brain never ceases to amaze me. It's what makes you so special to us. [NT] - orchid - 1:53am on 04/02/10
- Agree with Marilyn re too little liquid. I do not have this problem with my annual recipe, which [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 1:09pm on 04/02/10
- Thank you all for your thoughtful responses! My mom is psyched to try again - Heather_in_SF - 8:11pm on 04/03/10