Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Soft stick candy source? Does anyone remember this candy...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18040 at 8:25 am on Apr 6, 2010
I've likely asked this before, but does anyone know of a source (or even know what I'm talking about) for soft stick candy? Not peppermint.
My aunt use to send us this from Texas every christmas when I was a kid and we'd fight over them. It looked like chalk. Pale colors like green and yellow, no stripes, so full of air we'd use them as straws and drink liquid up through them. I think they came in a small plastic sack with a twist tie. The closest in texture to them might be a butter mint.
I want to try and find some for mom's birthday in May. I did find an online source I'm going to try (Helm's) but thought I'd mention it here first in case someone knows what I'm talking about. I can't be the only one who had these - they were awesome.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 18040. Soft stick candy source? Does anyone remember this candy... - MariaDNoCA - 8:25am on 04/06/10 (19)
- I vaguely remember something similar to this, although I might be [LINK] - DawnNYS - 4:29am on 04/07/10
- Here's another place you might try to see if they have them [NT] [LINK] - Judy-KY - 12:44pm on 04/07/10
- Thanks here are some I ordered to try out.... - MariaDNoCA - 2:38am on 04/08/10
- What was everyone's favorite candy that you ate when a kid? Mine were - DawnNYS - 12:38am on 04/08/10
- What was everyone's favorite candy that you ate as a kid? Mine were - DawnNYS - 12:38am on 04/08/10
- Anything chocolate, of course: Milky Way, Snickers, Almond Joy, Nestle's Crunch, Milk Duds, - Meryl - 1:16am on 04/08/10
- Malted Milk Balls, especially the Robin Egg ones at Easter. Green fondant - Melissa Dallas - 1:25am on 04/08/10
- Adams sour orange gum, fire stix, green apple stix, Bun bars, slo poke, turkish taffy [NT] - AngAk - 1:39am on 04/08/10
- Just bought a pack of Black Jack. Flavor doesn't last as long as it did, but still good! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:20am on 04/08/10
- Vanilla Bonomo Taffy (all cracked up), lemon drops, root beer barrels, anise drops, - Dawn_MO - 12:28pm on 04/08/10
- I wasnt a kid but they were called Ginger Jongs. Made by a company in England with a double name.> - aajay - 1:31pm on 04/08/10
- Pop-Rocks! And Bubbleishious bubble gum. (W/o the spider eggs, for those that remember) [NT] - barb_b - 2:27pm on 04/08/10
- A box of Good 'N Plenty at the Saturday movie matinee! [NT] - Marianne - 2:32pm on 04/08/10
- Does anyone remember the small - Richard in Cincy - 3:09pm on 04/08/10
- I loved the Chick-O-Sticks (we called them chicken legs), Pixy Sticks, Abba-Zabas, Bit-O-Honey, - cheezz - 5:14am on 04/08/10
- I'm sure glad they still make most of those old-time candies :) [NT] - cheezz - 1:41am on 04/09/10