Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Feb 4, 2008
Posted to Thread #18059 at 4:19 pm on Apr 10, 2010
We had a good weekend with the return of my eldest grandson. He was in Thailand on Safari with his mom, her husband and brother when he was bitten by a huge 10 month old tiger in a
petting room. He had 5 stitches in his neck and
then underwent a series of rabies shots.
We had an unsettling 10 days and I went with my son to the airport cause I had to feel him and see him myself. He is fine, still has one shot to get (one we got on the way home from the airport) and still wants to pet tigers. NOT LIKELY. He said that the tiger just wanted to play with him.
So on duty with my youngest grandchild for the rest of the day, I made an easy dinner for all of us- chicken schnitzel, leek patties and bought tons of salads - tabouleh, humus, tehina, sabiah (chick peas), a few types of eggplants, mejaddarah and white rice for some of the kids, and a huge pita baked with zataar leaves.
Thankfully, I did have a fair sized piece of cake with colorful frosting in the freezer so the kids were pleased. The grown ups (and kids) had strawberries and whipped cream.
Early morning wakeup with the little one so
we just hung around today.
I am about to finish up the whipped cream with
some more strawberries.
Next weekend I will have to actually cook.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18059. Weekend six - elaine - 4:19pm on 04/10/10 (20)
- Yegads! How old is he? Now you can tease him about being so sweet even tigers want to eat him... - Heather_in_SF - 8:02pm on 04/10/10
- My grandson is 11 in June. He loves animals and has a clear head about them and what to expect. [NT] - elaine - 4:28am on 04/11/10
- My Country Weekend Six - week 2 - Heather_in_SF - 8:11pm on 04/10/10
- Cat head biscuits? Ok, you have to explain that one! I vote for the crepes... [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:14pm on 04/10/10
- I just googled "cat head biscuit"-making some TONIGHT!!!!! (more) [NT] - daricem - 11:15pm on 04/10/10
- Oh my, these biscuits were so light and fluffy they should float off the plate, but their sheer - Heather_in_SF - 3:49am on 04/11/10
- two for the crepes [NT] - Janet in NC - 9:58pm on 04/10/10
- aww.... I love your parents! How sweet is that?! [NT] - cheezz - 2:43am on 04/11/10
- Me, too, except that I now have "Pa pa Pa pa pa PA pa Pa pa" in my head for at least a week :-) [NT] - Joe - 3:59am on 04/11/10
- Major ear worm - Queen of the Night aria stuck in my head yesterday, so I listened to reggae for an [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 6:03pm on 04/11/10
- Thanks, Heather, now I have the Queen of the Night competing for ear space with PA pa Pa.... - Joe - 4:16am on 04/13/10
- Too many subjects to list, 1st your parents' duet...I always loved the english translation of the - Marianne - 8:09pm on 04/11/10
- Elaine! How horrible! How old is your eldest son? [NT] - Traca - 3:18am on 04/11/10
- Weekend six... - Traca - 3:29am on 04/11/10
- Wow! Sounds like you have a busy time coming up but so fascinating. Good luck with all. [NT] - elaine - 4:31am on 04/11/10
- Good thing I can live vicariously through you! How fun, I never do anything good ;o) My six - DawnNYS - 2:34pm on 04/11/10
- Diiiiiip! - Heather_in_SF - 6:04pm on 04/11/10
- no fleas in this part of Alaska. yay! but, I have snow flurries this afternoon. grrrr. [NT] - AngAk - 8:34pm on 04/11/10
- So glad that he is okay... [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:23pm on 04/11/10
- How scary and whose bright idea to have that large of a wild animal - Dawn_MO - 9:37pm on 04/11/10