Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here ya go, Amanda: Ghirardelli Sinful Chocolate Truffles
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18101 at 4:24 am on Apr 21, 2010
GHIRARDELLI SINFUL CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
(Note: I used a different method (melted first three ingredients together over a double boiler), but used the listed amounts for the chocolate and butter, and substituted half & half for the cream. I also added a little vanilla extract).
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 bars (8 ounces total) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, broken in 1/4-inch pieces (recommended: Ghirardelli) (I used 60%)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa (I used Dutch Processed)
In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate and butter. In a medium sized skillet, bring 1/2 inch of water to a slow simmer. Set the saucepan in the skillet over low heat. Stir mixture just until chocolate has completely melted. Remove from heat. Pour the chocolate mixture into a shallow bowl. Cool, cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
Pour the cocoa into a pie plate. Line an airtight container with waxed paper. Dip a melon baller or small spoon into a glass of warm water and quickly scrape across the surface of the chilled truffle mixture to form a rough 1-inch ball. Drop the ball into the cocoa. Repeat with the remaining truffle mixture. Gently shake the pie plate to coat truffles evenly. Transfer truffles to the prepared container, separating layers with additional waxed paper. Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months.
Yield: 30 truffles
Recipe courtesy Ghirardelli Chocolate Company
Show: Food Network Challenge
Episode: Chocolate Festival Fantasies
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18101. ISO intense chocolate recipe that's not too much work. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:25am on 04/21/10 (14)
- Try this flourless chocolate cake from T&T [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:54am on 04/21/10
- This sounds good, too. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:09am on 04/21/10
- Cathy's cake is fantastic! And it is easy to make too. [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 1:57pm on 04/21/10
- I have lots of suggestions (of course)! Here's a list - take your pick and I'll post them: - Meryl - 3:50am on 04/21/10
- I'd love to have the recipes for the truffles, the pudding, and the mousse. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:08am on 04/21/10
- Here ya go, Amanda: Ghirardelli Sinful Chocolate Truffles [LINK] - Meryl - 4:24am on 04/21/10
- Thanks much, Meryl. This should hold me for a few days. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:30pm on 04/21/10
- You're welcome. :) Let me know if you make any of these. [NT] - Meryl - 9:45pm on 04/21/10
- Remember the chocolate waterfall in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:11am on 04/21/10
- here ya go---we have one of those here in Anchorage [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:13am on 04/21/10
- Kewl!!! But you can't drink from it... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:30pm on 04/21/10
- No, and it takes all the willpower you have to not put your hand in the stream of chocolate. it's a - AngAk - 5:44pm on 04/21/10