Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18101 at 4:25 am on Apr 21, 2010
CREAMY CHOCOLATE PUDDING - (Lowfat)
5 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar (I usually use about 1/2 cup plus 1 -1 1/4 Tbsp)
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso (if not available, can use instant coffee)
2 cups low-fat milk (can use regular milk, if desired)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sift all dry ingredients together in bowl and mix until combined.
Place mixture in a medium saucepan.
Stir in just enough milk to make a smooth paste. (I use a wire whisk).
Gradually mix in remaining milk.
Cook over medium heat and stir slowly and constantly until mixture begins to thicken and boil. Let it boil another 30 seconds, gently stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla.
Pour pudding into 3 serving dishes and chill until set, about 4-5 hours or overnight.
Adapted from my files.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18101. ISO intense chocolate recipe that's not too much work. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:25am on 04/21/10 (14)
- Try this flourless chocolate cake from T&T [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:54am on 04/21/10
- This sounds good, too. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:09am on 04/21/10
- Cathy's cake is fantastic! And it is easy to make too. [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 1:57pm on 04/21/10
- I have lots of suggestions (of course)! Here's a list - take your pick and I'll post them: - Meryl - 3:50am on 04/21/10
- I'd love to have the recipes for the truffles, the pudding, and the mousse. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:08am on 04/21/10
- Here ya go, Amanda: Ghirardelli Sinful Chocolate Truffles [LINK] - Meryl - 4:24am on 04/21/10
- Thanks much, Meryl. This should hold me for a few days. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:30pm on 04/21/10
- You're welcome. :) Let me know if you make any of these. [NT] - Meryl - 9:45pm on 04/21/10
- Remember the chocolate waterfall in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:11am on 04/21/10
- here ya go---we have one of those here in Anchorage [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:13am on 04/21/10
- Kewl!!! But you can't drink from it... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:30pm on 04/21/10
- No, and it takes all the willpower you have to not put your hand in the stream of chocolate. it's a - AngAk - 5:44pm on 04/21/10