Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes, we dodged showers all day on our fantastic drive to Monterey and Carmel! We know how important
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #18090 at 5:33 am on Apr 21, 2010
the rain is to you, so we didn't complain. We are having a fantastic time, touring and visiting with reunion buddies and wives.
We really enjoyed our stops in Monterey and Carmel, and in each spot we met interesting locals who made us feel at home. The bus driver was unbelievable!!! He delivered a monologue, (actually a dialogue with us) for the entire 2 hour drive South and the 2 hours home, that included history, geology, geography, flora, fauna, politicians, movie stars, famous public people, historical, literary and infamous figures who were important in the area, just to name a few of the subjects that he included in his non-stop chat while he was driving that gorgeous coastline, with very steep drops into the ocean off the side of the bus.
We are so excited to see you, too, on Saturday. I'll call you and maybe we can meet someplace for a drink or a chat before Saturday.
We had some very nice recommendations for food from a Chinese fellow who we met on our plane, and we had dinner on Saturday in Japantown, at San Wang. We had the San Wang Clams, and the Dry Fried Flolunder, at his suggestion, and they were so good! I found out later, on my tour of Chinatown, that that restaurant is the only one in Chinatown that makes the hand-pulled noodles. I called them today, and they said that if I call and give them notice, they will let us come watch them make the noodles!
There is so much to see and do here in San Francisco, and, even though it is a town filled with tourists, the places that we have been to haven't made us feel like silly tourists. They have all been very accomodating and made us feel comfortable.
Well, I'll call you tomorrow, and hope to see you soon.
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 18090. N Very FR, "Hello San Francisco"! I am here, visiting for a week, and Heather are I are planning to - Marianne - 3:23am on 04/19/10 (5)
- I'm sorry I work, and I'm so far away...sounds like a great day! [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 3:59am on 04/19/10
- Is it OK that I'm just a bit jealous? have a great time. really. [NT] - AngAk - 5:25pm on 04/19/10
- Can't wait to see you!! - Heather_in_SF - 12:17am on 04/21/10
- Yes, we dodged showers all day on our fantastic drive to Monterey and Carmel! We know how important - Marianne - 5:33am on 04/21/10
- Wish I could be there to meet up with you gals, Have a wonderful time. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:23pm on 04/24/10