Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Dawn, thoughts on breakfast items
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #18109 at 2:22 pm on Apr 23, 2010
First of all, that Herbfarm minted fruit salad is amazing. Cheap but also a showstopper.
Consider making a crustless quiche or something savory like that. I love having something savory that does not include bread, bread and more bread for catered breakfasts. Also, if you do a crustless quiche, the gluten free folk can jump in on the action.
Or maybe a breakfast burrito made with corn tortillas?
If you don't have a large chaffing dish, as much as you entertain, that might be a good investment. I saw some at Marshall's the other day. (TJ Maxx affiliate.)
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 18109. ISO: Brunch menu and costs. - Dawn_MO - 6:49pm on 04/22/10 (18)
- You may want to look at some of these menus - they include recipes with ratings and reviews: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:03pm on 04/22/10
- Thanks Meryl! I saw Scotch eggs on one of the menus and thought that might be a nice addition. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 10:50pm on 04/22/10
- How many people? Not that I can help with $$, just ideas on menu. What a nice compliment! [NT] - barb_b - 9:26pm on 04/22/10
- Thanks Barb! The librarian goes between both schools so she has - Dawn_MO - 10:48pm on 04/22/10
- # people, what facilities are available, etc.? - Music City Missy - 10:17pm on 04/22/10
- There will be approximately 25 people. - Dawn_MO - 10:46pm on 04/22/10
- Have you considered those inexpensive chafing dishes/racks, and sternos to keep the - FloriSandy - 12:08am on 04/23/10
- Dawn, to give you some good insight, here's a foodie site that answered my markup question [LINK] - FloriSandy - 10:56pm on 04/22/10
- Thanks, Sandy, I will take a look at this site. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:31pm on 04/23/10
- Dawn, thoughts on breakfast items - Traca - 2:22pm on 04/23/10
- Thanks Traca, could you post the fruit salad recipe? Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:31pm on 04/23/10
- Couple of ideas: Some of my favorite brunch recipes: - barb_b - 4:54pm on 04/23/10
- Those are all great ideas, thanks Barb! REC: No-Knead Three-Cheese Semolina Bread [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 9:30pm on 04/23/10
- Dawn, this does sound good! I have never heard of Pizza dough flavor. I really want to - barb_b - 11:50am on 04/24/10
- Dawn, check in Menus. wigs has a brunch listed there. lots of other possibilites too. also in - AngAk - 5:15pm on 04/23/10
- That is a great thread. I can't wait to make the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:32pm on 04/23/10
- Good! [NT] - AngAk - 9:37pm on 04/23/10