Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pam's Reuben Casserole
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18113 at 6:27 pm on Apr 23, 2010
So for my birthday I awakened with the shock of my kids presenting me with a new iPad. Very kewl and it was great that they pooled their money to get this for me.
Next one of my daughters asks me what I want for birthday dinner. So I say - go to eat.at and put together some choices for me and I'll pick one. So being a Reuben sandwich lover I had to try the "Pam's Reuben Casserole" sounded like something very different. I was pretty sure some of the kids would not be happy - but it was "my" birthday right? In the end everyone loved it except one - who shall remain nameless.
We substituted some really nice (Columbus) Pastrami for the corned beef and I made the TI dressing from scratch using some different ingredients (including some smoked paprika, a lemon from my lemon tree) but it was quite a treat.
We also used three types of Rye for the bread crumbs. Some Russian Rye, Jewish Rye and Pumpernickel.
We had just finished my home made sauerkraut a week earlier so had to use store bought but next time around we'll use the good stuff...
Thanks for the recipe.
Link: Pam's Reuben Casserole
...a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry...
Other messages in this thread:
- 18113. Pam's Reuben Casserole [LINK] - whinecountry - 6:27pm on 04/23/10 (6)
- This sounds great. Thanks. [NT] - elaine - 2:35am on 04/24/10
- Paul, Happy Birthday! An iPad! How fun is that! My neighbor just got one. It does look like cool [NT] - barb_b - 7:44am on 04/24/10
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [NT] - Meryl - 4:28pm on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday Paul! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 6:08pm on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday ! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:39am on 04/25/10
- Glad you enjoyed it. And Happy Birthday, belatedly. [NT] - Pam - 10:36am on 05/13/10