Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We had such a fun day! (pictures inside)
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #18118 at 11:00 pm on Apr 26, 2010
Marianne and her husband Jim are such sweethearts, and we were chatting nonstop, naturally! We got on like houses on fire and just really enjoyed our day together.
Here are some pictures:
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgal/4547969775/" title="Marianne from the swap at the Ferry Bldg farmers market by HeatherHAL, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4547969775_955d2dbce9.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="Marianne from the swap at the Ferry Bldg farmers market" /></a>
We poked about all the stalls outside on the pier and chatted with the farmers and locals, and tourists. It was a beautiful day and great fun. We (as a whole) purchased herb salts, lavender sachets, fresh herbs, pumpkin seed levain, young creamy goat cheese, hydrosols of rose, raw almonds, pate and a smoked pork t-bone from the Fatted Calf in Napa, lemon verbena soda, and sampled about a hundred different delicious things.
After our sumptuous lunch at the SF Seafood Company:
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgal/4548911023/" title="Marianne, Heather &amp; Jim 2 by HeatherHAL, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4548911023_bb965ce17e.jpg" width="375" height="500" alt="Marianne, Heather &amp; Jim 2" /></a>
we strolled around the inside of the Ferry building and sampled chocolate and caramel sauces, candy cap mushroom ice cream, local olive oils and shopped for goodies in the various stall inside, such a fun array of stuff. We were headed to the gelato shop (Blackberry Cabernet, campari grapefruit, key lime pie, OMG) you will never guess who I saw... The Mayor! You can't visit SF without saying hello to the Mayor so I chatted him up while Marianne found Jim in the crowd and they posed for pictures.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgal/4549545018/" title="Marianne and Jim meeting Mayor Newsome by HeatherHAL, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4549545018_d2d69eaba7.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="Marianne and Jim meeting Mayor Newsome" /></a>
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgal/4548894687/" title="Marianne and Jim meeting Mayor Newsom by HeatherHAL, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4548894687_ec4196a07c.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="Marianne and Jim meeting Mayor Newsom" /></a>
Don't you love that!
We took our gelato outside to the back of the pier and enjoyed the breeze (balmy!!) and watched the fireboat show off for everyone.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgal/4549327015/" title="SFFD Fireboat The Guardian by HeatherHAL, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/4549327015_44507e515a.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="SFFD Fireboat The Guardian" /></a>
It was wonderful to connect with Marianne and Jim and we were generating ideas left and right for their winery and for jobs for me. I am seriously considering taking up the suggestion for tours of the farmer's market. Thank you Marianne!!
It was hard to say goodbye (sniff sniff) but what a fun day.
Marianne, I am sorry that Capp's Corner was disappointing. I guess everyone has an off night but what a bummer. You and Jim need to come out again and stay for a month this time... that way we can cook some of the things from the farmers market!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 18118. Weekend Fun/Six - Heather_in_SF - 4:58am on 04/24/10 (58)
- Today's my birthday, so I made one of my favorites: Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake. It's chilling in - Meryl - 7:46am on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday Meryle. Enjoy your special day to the fullest. [NT] - Sylvia - 10:25am on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday! (I'm singing it to you but be thankful you can't hear it!) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:25am on 04/24/10
- Ha! [NT] - Meryl - 11:56pm on 04/24/10
- Happy happy day. Enjoy every minute. [NT] - elaine - 1:08pm on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday Meryl!! Enjoy! [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:12pm on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday Meryl! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 10:07pm on 04/24/10
- Happy Birthday Meryl. Lucky you :) [NT] - joanietoo - 12:01am on 04/25/10
- Many happy returns, Meryl! (The ring sounds gorgeous!) [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 12:49am on 04/25/10
- Thanks, all! [NT] - Meryl - 3:42am on 04/25/10
- Happy Birthday! [NT] - SallyBR - 10:11pm on 04/25/10
- Happy Belated Birthday! [NT] - Cindy - 10:16pm on 04/25/10
- Happy Birthday! Chocolate & a book on the horizon. Sounds like a great start to your new year! [NT] - Traca - 3:25am on 04/26/10
- Belated Happy Birthday, Meryl. What a lovely gift. Lucky you! [NT] - Marianne - 3:45pm on 04/26/10
- Wow. He's a keeper Meryl! so glad you had a wonderful day. [NT] - AngAk - 5:14pm on 04/26/10
- Thanks again, everyone! [NT] - Meryl - 10:24pm on 04/26/10
- My Six [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 1:36pm on 04/24/10
- Heather, if you make the butterscotch pudding try dark brown sugar in it. I wish - Melissa Dallas - 1:38pm on 04/24/10
- Happy B'day, Meryl. Celebrate in chocolate. My six - DawnNYS - 7:05pm on 04/24/10
- P.S. Your favorite way to cook a 5-lb bone-in ham? In case I do that? TIA [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:13pm on 04/24/10
- Give this one a try, it is delish. REC: Monte's Ham - Dawn_MO - 10:07pm on 04/24/10
- Thanks Dawn - so if 15 lbs = 2 and 1.5 hrs, then 7 lbs = about 1hour, and 1 hour? - DawnNYS - 1:08am on 04/25/10
- Here is another one that has rave reviews on Zaar. REC: Awesome Baked Ham [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 4:09pm on 04/25/10
- Thanks, I used brown spicy mustard, that's all I had. And I wrapped it kind of - DawnNYS - 7:02pm on 04/25/10
- I just bought four hams (three are in the freezer) after all this ham talk. - Dawn_MO - 7:09pm on 04/25/10
- Well, I started it out at 350, then found instructions inside of the wrapper that said to - DawnNYS - 2:39am on 04/26/10
- Rec: Slow-Baked "City" Ham from Fine Cooking. I just recently learned that Pyrex and Corning dishes - Curious1 - 5:01pm on 04/26/10
- Dawn, I was thinking the same thing!! How does she fit 3 hams in the freezer!! : ) - barb_b - 6:30pm on 04/26/10
- Score!! [NT] - AngAk - 5:19pm on 04/26/10
- Thanks, Dawn. - Meryl - 3:43am on 04/25/10
- I added a 7th - cleaned out my "take home" miniatures... I mean, how many packets of ketchup - DawnNYS - 6:01pm on 04/25/10
- My Saturday Six - Sylvia - 7:53pm on 04/24/10
- Sounds good...enjoy [NT] - joanietoo - 12:02am on 04/25/10
- Weekend Six - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 12:54am on 04/25/10
- Weekend Fun in San Francisco - Marianne - 4:31am on 04/26/10
- Sounds like you all had a grand time! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:44pm on 04/26/10
- what a great recap! sounds absolutely wonderful. [NT] - AngAk - 5:27pm on 04/26/10
- We had such a fun day! (pictures inside) - Heather_in_SF - 11:00pm on 04/26/10
- That is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing the pics and the details of a fun day! I love the - barb_b - 11:39pm on 04/26/10
- sounds like a great day! It's fun to show out-of-towners our home towns. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:38am on 04/27/10
- I love Marianne's jacket---I want. what a picture perfect day! [NT] - AngAk - 5:00pm on 04/27/10
- The plan--you and I head south, grab Traca in Seattle and go play in Heather's yard! [NT] - Nan - 5:49pm on 04/27/10
- watch out SFO!! [NT] - AngAk - 8:25pm on 04/27/10
- Wonderful pictures, Heather -- what a great weekend -- you are a real sweetie! [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:57pm on 04/27/10
- Here's my six! - PatBastrop - 4:44am on 04/26/10
- Really neat to learn and appreciate your grandfather X4 roots. - barb_b - 1:32pm on 04/26/10
- Yes, isn't it fun when you find something interesting? That's how excited I got - DawnNYS - 12:47am on 04/27/10
- On the Mayflower! So awesome! - PatBastrop - 3:12am on 04/27/10
- Wow, that's almost scary! Like you knew it somewhere in your DNA! [NT] - DawnNYS - 4:01am on 04/27/10
- Thanks, Pat! [NT] - Meryl - 1:00am on 04/27/10
- Belated weekend six - Dawn_MO - 5:55am on 04/26/10
- sending best wishes down your way!! [NT] - AngAk - 5:50pm on 04/26/10
- Sending tongue depresser asap. Place between teeth, crosswise whenever you - PatBastrop - 7:17pm on 04/26/10
- Aw, it's Flat Stanley! Glad he's not moose hunting! [NT] - PatBastrop - 7:18pm on 04/26/10
- Wow, what a wonderful thing to do. You must be proud of her! [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:49am on 04/27/10
- My weekend Six(looks like we're all waking up from a long winter's sleep!) [IMAGE] - AngAk - 6:03pm on 04/26/10
- I love Flat Stanley!! We have had him visit here a few times! Please give him my hugs! [NT] - barb_b - 6:25pm on 04/26/10
- he may or maynot already have a smudge of mustard on his backside. yeah. [NT] - AngAk - 8:45pm on 04/26/10