Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
C1 - Thanks, forwarded to my mom; who also has a packed freezer. My big "find"
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18129 at 12:12 pm on Apr 27, 2010
last week.... Refrigerator meatballs; I know, I make wonderful meatballs, but we all need a quick dish every once in a while. They are 12oz containers, sold in the meat section, relatively low sodium, real beef etc. Anyway, they are priced $4.49; on sale this week for $2.99. Our supermarket butcher puts coupons on all items that are close to expiry. The meatballs had a $2.00 coupon on them!!! Can you imagine .$99 for 12 oz of meatballs!! I was so excited! I love to have a quick go to dish. The irony is that they still had 2 days on them for expiration.
This is an example of why I get frustrated with bil and sil. Whenever I see them or go in their cars, they are filled with McD and BK bags. I know that they both are working extra hard with todays economy (like everyone), and am so confused why they don't shop/eat smarter. ((I love a bargain!!))
Other messages in this thread:
- 18129. For those of us with the chock-full freezers. Vindication? [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 11:26am on 04/27/10 (8)
- C1 - Thanks, forwarded to my mom; who also has a packed freezer. My big "find" - barb_b - 12:12pm on 04/27/10
- Now that's what I call a bargain. I love finding Murray's organic chicken breasts a day before - Curious1 - 3:34pm on 04/27/10
- I'm not sure those refrigerator meatballs would be any healthier than the McD or BK stuff - KarenNoCA - 8:35pm on 04/27/10
- Karen, agreed, they probably are not much healthier. Was actually thinking of the cost. I - barb_b - 7:06am on 04/28/10
- I know, I know, so many people tell me about the $$$, that they can't afford to buy healthy foods - KarenNoCA - 11:43am on 04/28/10
- My big finds are chicken thighs marked down at the local SmartNFinal. . . - mistral - 12:14pm on 04/28/10
- Boy do I ever miss Smart and Final. I loved shopping at that store. - Dawn_MO - 7:01pm on 04/28/10
- THANK YOU CURIOUS!!! Hubby was just fussing at me this weekend - Music City Missy - 5:20pm on 04/27/10