Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #18368 at 2:48 pm on Jun 13, 2010
Had a great breakfast yesterday, I fried up 3 egg sized potatoes in olive oil and scatterd several green onions chopped across the top. A friend gave me eggs from a farm so I fried up two, put all the taters and eggs in a flat bowl and had a great feast!
I got up early bcause I had a temp job, to format a slide deck, in my pjs! Nice to make a little money during a normally fallow time.
We are having a heatwave, it was 84 by 11:00 am which is crazy hot for SF. I headed to Anna's beach house to cool off and it was 80 there! It's like LA weather, man, how nice! Sat in the yard with a cold beer until it was dark.
Dinner last night was great, sauteed cabbage with onions and cranberries and sauteed red peppers and onions (separately) and we shared a bockwurst and a bratwurst. Anna has this amazing Russian mustard that clears the sinuses and we pied everything into pretty rolls. I received a pack of rolls free from Natures Pride, yum! I don't usually buy things like that.
This morning: sunshine and more heat. I'm making espresso and soon we will have eggs and steak strips and more rolls!
I knitted two dishcloths yesterday, they're so cute! I think they would be better in the shower though. I had some great cotton yarn in my yarn stash, lavender and rose pink. I'm going to try one out shortly!
This afternoon I'm supposed to go to the Mission with friends to nosh our way through the neighborhood. I think I'll go for ice cream but I don't want to spend a lot of money on food, ya know? But it should be fun, despite the heat. On the agenda is a burrito place, 2 ice cream shops, a pie shop and a bakery that makes salsa and chips, and the bacon maple latte place.
Monday I am giving another ferry building tour. And I have an interview for a long term temp job, across the GG or I could take a short term temp job back at the last place I temped, and not have to pay for a commute. How nice to have something lined up!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 18368. Saturday Six - DawnNYS - 6:24am on 06/13/10 (17)
- Weekend Six - Heather_in_SF - 2:48pm on 06/13/10
- So glad to hear about another tour! Could turn into something big, fingers crossed! [NT] - orchid - 7:02pm on 06/13/10
- Congrats to you too, Heather! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 7:16pm on 06/13/10
- Yeah, good for you. Money is always nice ;o) But what is a slide deck? [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:53pm on 06/13/10
- Yay! Fingers crossed... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:01pm on 06/13/10
- Yeah, congrats. Hot yes! Stayin' in w/air on. Dawn, slide deck = Powerpoint presentation... - MariaDNoCA - 6:58am on 06/14/10
- Sunday Six - Dawn_MO - 7:15pm on 06/13/10
- Yippee! And now the hormones go into overdrive. How does she - DawnNYS - 9:57pm on 06/13/10
- She is great with it. - Dawn_MO - 7:16am on 06/14/10
- Wow, just Wow. [NT] - AngAk - 6:31pm on 06/14/10
- I know. And the hospital and staff were fantastic. - Dawn_MO - 3:34am on 06/15/10
- Weekend Six - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:10pm on 06/13/10
- I share your love of hamburgers. Love 5 guys, too. As for the coffee cake, it could have been worse - Curious1 - 7:39pm on 06/14/10
- Indeed. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:21pm on 06/14/10
- How about a couple of chickens and several different chicken salads. [NT] - elaine - 4:18am on 06/14/10
- OOPS - the above should be under Dawn's post. [NT] - elaine - 4:19am on 06/14/10
- double oops. That is DawnNYS. Can you tell I haven't had coffee yet. [NT] - elaine - 4:23am on 06/14/10