Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
NFRC Sorry, must rant again
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18401 at 11:12 pm on Jun 18, 2010
People who have jobs and who work with the public in this economy should be extra nice, not extra nasty...
Friday seems to be free-sample day at the local Walmart and I had to stop by to get a few things for the weekend. On the way to the meat department, there was a display of Pringle-type potato chips (maybe they <i>were</i> Pringles, I didn't stay long enough to find out) - several on a napkin, some an orangish color, the other plain.
"Oh! These look good, could I just have one though?" Demonstrator reaches in to the tube of the regular-colored ones, and I say "these (pointing to the orangish ones) are different from these (pointing to the other ones), right?" She answers me "OBviously..."
I looked her in the eye and said "You don't have to be snippy about it, nevermind" and walked away. I probably should've told the manager but I just didn't wanna get into it (as I thought to myself that maybe it was a stupid question to ask and what I should've said was "could I have one of these instead please").
Do I just happen to be running into these people lately, or do you notice workers who work in the public have quite the attitude?
Arrgh - there, now I feel better.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18401. NFRC Sorry, must rant again - DawnNYS - 11:12pm on 06/18/10 (16)
- I believe it's a sign of the times. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 12:46am on 06/19/10
- I agree, this is not the first time I've heard of this behavior with food demonstrators lately [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:49am on 06/19/10
- I know someone who is one and it's horrible anymore what they go through. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 1:35am on 06/19/10
- What do they go through? [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:19am on 06/19/10
- Didn't mean that to sound snippy, myself!! I mean, what procedures do they have to do more - DawnNYS - 3:24am on 06/19/10
- See inside - Marsha tbay - 3:18pm on 06/19/10
- I could see how that would be frustrating! - DawnNYS - 5:39pm on 06/19/10
- Dawn, there are no stupid questions, and you were perfectly justified. She was way out of line. Next - Meryl - 1:04am on 06/19/10
- I had no idea that food demonstrators went through all of that. - KarenNoCA - 12:51am on 06/20/10
- I'm glad I had the opportunity to share this. The 90 year old is my husband's cousin - Marsha tbay - 2:00am on 06/20/10
- Ummm...I see it a bit different than you as a "food server" at - orchid - 2:02am on 06/20/10
- I see your point, but you were dealing with a rude customer - Obviously it works both ways - - Meryl - 2:47am on 06/20/10
- Orchid, I'm talking servers who work for other corporations, not Publix. They work hard also! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:48am on 06/20/10
- I had a different experience at our local Cosco. They were sampling a few of their - barb_b - 12:10pm on 06/20/10
- I had just the opposite experience at Winn-Dixie yesterday, lady was close to the front of the - Curious1 - 3:25pm on 06/20/10
- What gets to me are checkers who visit with their friends -- friend being - BobbiJoAZ - 4:13pm on 06/20/10