Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sandy-here is a good link for making the dough and the process
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #18458 at 3:20 am on Jun 25, 2010
These are just cheese filled. You can do a search for picadillo to find a meat filling recipe. I think these (the masa ones) really should be fried, but you can freeze the uncooked ones so you don't have to eat them all at once. Also, they are not masa/corn but Goya makes frozen empanada dough called discos and they are really good and make this a very easy process. Each dough round is separated by a sheet of plastic and they are easy to handle and cook up perfectly crispy. I really like them. My mom has evened used them to make fruit turnovers and they come in several varieties.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18458. Help needed to clone Mexican or Mexican-style spicy beef empanaditas using cornmeal dough. [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 1:57am on 06/25/10 (6)
- Sandy-here is a good link for making the dough and the process [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 3:20am on 06/25/10
- I wanted an authentic dough recipe and you've found one with - FloriSandy - 12:50am on 06/26/10
- Smittenkitchen hads 2 empanada recipes, one with beef and one with chicken. not cornmeal though. [LINK] - AngAk - 5:03pm on 06/25/10
- Thanks Ang. I'm considering the beef filling sans raisins. See the image link. [NT] - FloriSandy - 12:52am on 06/26/10
- I'm confused here, because I've never had empanadas made with corn flour - Kendall - 11:03pm on 06/25/10
- I'm going to give it a shot with the masa harina and deep fry them. The ones I had - FloriSandy - 12:55am on 06/26/10