Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's an old T & T casserole recipe that I happened to run across & made 4 our dinner 1 day last wk
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #18716 at 7:17 pm on Aug 2, 2010
(Given to me by Joan Miller, a former neighbor in Columbus, IN)
1 lb pork sausage (I add up to 1/2 lb extra.)
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 Tablespoons butter
1 can (28 oz) tomatoes--Last wk I used Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano which gave great additional flavor.
1 small can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp garlic powder (If I have it on hand, I will substitute 2 cloves fresh garlic for the powder.)
1/4 tsp oregano leaves (Can use a heaping teaspoon or more if your oregano is fresh & not dried.)
2 bay leaves
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 (8 oz) pkg of mostaccioli macaroni -- I use a bit more, around 10 ounces.
Fry pork sausage loosely in skillet until light brown. Drain off excess fat. Saute onions, celery and butter in large pan. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Add remaining seasonings and cook on low heat one hour. (I simmer covered and taste and adjust seasonings as needed.)
Boil macaroni according to directions on package. Drain well. Briefly run cold water over macaroni to stop cooking. Add macaroni and sausage to sauce and mix. Pour mixture into large baking dish or casserole. (I use a 4 or 5-quart Corningware casserole with lid.) Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese an bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 325 degrees F. (I bake covered.) Enjoy!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18716. Here's an old T & T casserole recipe that I happened to run across & made 4 our dinner 1 day last wk - wigs - 7:17pm on 08/02/10 (5)
- I have a similar recipe, I think from a Sunset cookbook, that adds thinly sliced pepperoni. good - AngAk - 5:07pm on 08/03/10
- Hey, that's a great idea--I may throw in some pepperoni, too, the next time I make that casserole. - wigs - 7:15pm on 08/06/10
- I love your recipes wigs. I have so many copied. [NT] - AngAk - 9:33pm on 08/06/10
- Me, too! Thanks for sharing them. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:23pm on 08/07/10
- You are both more than welcome! I have found & used so many wonderful RECS from all you fine - wigs - 10:53pm on 08/12/10