Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Dawn I would use the rice-stuffed tomatoes for your side
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18728 at 10:10 pm on Aug 4, 2010
if you have to use the microwave then pick the rice instead of the fettucini. With the cream-based sauce on the fettucini against the tomato...well, I think you would find a watery mess if you microwaved them the next day. I think you'd have much better luck with the rice-stuffed tomato. The rice will absorb more of the juice from the tomato.
If you really want the fettucini, don't stuff the tomato until the next day- heat up just before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18728. Tomatoes filled with Spinach Fettuchini - Janet in NC - 1:19pm on 08/04/10 (11)
- I was looking for something to go with the herb roasted pork loin - Dawn_MO - 2:22pm on 08/04/10
- I think you could make them the day before but I can't comment on the microwave. Rarely use it. [NT] - Janet in NC - 2:34pm on 08/04/10
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice is another nice side. The recipe I use is inside, Giada's is at the link. [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:31pm on 08/04/10
- Curious, this sounds lovely. could you edit the part with the Author's notes about how long to cook - AngAk - 5:56pm on 08/04/10
- Done, 10 min. The recipe was re-written by DH because the original was hard to use. It's here>> [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:26pm on 08/04/10
- This sounds so good Curious. It almost sounds like risotto stuffed - Dawn_MO - 10:49pm on 08/04/10
- Dawn I would use the rice-stuffed tomatoes for your side - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:10pm on 08/04/10
- I am packaging them up for people to buy. - Dawn_MO - 10:46pm on 08/04/10
- Dawn, what about Moyns Killer Tomaoes ((Miss her)) or Cathy's Gazpacho Salad ((YUM!)) [NT] - barb_b - 12:07am on 08/05/10
- I worry a bit about reheating the cream sauce---reminds me of alfredo sauce and it always breaks - AngAk - 11:26pm on 08/04/10
- I made them earlier in the day and did the 2nd cooking in the oven. There isn't any sauce..... - Janet in NC - 12:08pm on 08/05/10